·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Nice video.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
Must be nice to have a parent or parents that pay for everything... LOL ask him if I can borrow his dad's wallet for a few weeks. Sick STi though. At least he has good taste :p
I've seen no solid proof of this.

And even so, who cares? If my parents wanted to pay for mods for my car you can bet your ass I wouldn't be complaining!

damn that sti is on another level...i read somewhere that he's a college student too.
He graduated high school with me in 2008. So he's 20/21. I heard today he might be moving back here soon. If so I'll get a shoot done with him.

Nice video.
Him and his buddy shot and edited it. I'm friends with both of them :approve: If they move back for a while we might do some kind of video with all our cars :) V8 240, JRSC Civic, 400+whp DSM... and my slow ass :lol: and of course a few other cars.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Great production. Great capture, great editing, and great processing. Your bud is talented for sure.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #646
Great production. Great capture, great editing, and great processing. Your bud is talented for sure.
I think he's going to film/production school so I hope he's getting good at it! :lol:

Loving the calipers.
Thanks! I'm just ready to get my lug nuts back so I can get some new pics!

I did come across this old picture. I took it while I was taking pics for one of my friends. This is before going lower, new brakes, blah blah...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Very impressive cory. What you doing Sunday? The IFO in KC raceway is going on this Sunday. I'm going to give these coilovers one more time at the track. They don't work for what I want, they coming off.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
what theeeee.. i love the purple!
I'm pretty happy with how things have turned out too. I'm STILL waiting on my lug nuts though.

That sti is so sick.
It's definitely got a lot of work done. There's a few things I would have done different but then again my car wasn't featured in Modified :lol: It is sick though.

Very impressive cory. What you doing Sunday? The IFO in KC raceway is going on this Sunday. I'm going to give these coilovers one more time at the track. They don't work for what I want, they coming off.
Damn man. My friends and I were trying to decide if we were going to go to the IFO in KC or Tulsa. I completely forgot about you or I would have pushed for KC! I really want to see your car one of these days too :(

You wouldn't happen to be going to IFO in Tulsa would you :lol: If not we should try to meet up sometime before winter gets here?

I got word today that my lug nuts will be done tomorrow. But I won't be able to get them until Sunday or Monday. I'm so tired of rolling stockies!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #651 (Edited)
A couple random pics of my parts before install, during install, or whatever...

Calipers and rotors on (no pads)
DSC_3614 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Front calipers after powder coat
DSC_2872 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2873 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Halo LED license plate bulbs
DSC_3790 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Anodized Rays Lug nuts (yes those are chips on my fender...)

OEM Trunk Carpet/mat :lol:

Figs CDDD

Crappy/quick shot of my Carbing Cooling Plate (still trying to decide what to do with it)

That's pretty much it for now. I've been swamped with work, school, girlfriend, and tearing my brothers car apart. He FINALLY realized he's not into car anymore so I've been in charge of removing the turbo kit and putting it back to stock. I'm waiting on OEM injectors/clips and an intake then I just have to throw the stock exhaust and those parts back on. And PRAY there isn't something hacked up from the install that I'll have to figure out.

I still haven't gotten new lug nuts... I keep forgetting about them :lol: I'm buying a Karl Sport Shifter. I obviously bought Halo LED's for my license plate. Working on buying Figs hood props and a new ball joint for one of my RCA's. That's pretty much it I think. I bought tires for my stock wheels :lol: And installed my HID fog kit, no pics though. I also got my TRD leather shift knob but no pics of that either.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing after those things though...

One thing I do know. My friends 240 is BAD ASS. Period. He finally got things put together enough to drive it and it's insane.

It's pretty much been fully rebuilt. New paint (door jams, engine bay, etc.), all new suspension pieces, VH45 v8, Work Meister S1 3 Piece, OEM aero pieces, blah blah blah. He is running Falken RT-615K tires in the rear... That are 315/xx/18 and he has no traction through third. If I remember right the wheels are 18x10 +18 and 18x11 +18.

If any one is interested in seeing the full build you can go to...

my vh s14 project! : VH45DE / VK45DE Forum

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Good to see yours is comin along even more.
And that 240 looks like a monster!!!....tell your buddy nice job.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
Good to see yours is comin along even more.
And that 240 looks like a monster!!!....tell your buddy nice job.
Thanks. The Civic in the background is also pretty sick. He just finished up getting a Jackson Racing Super Charger installed and is supposed to get it tuned today. Plus he's rocking brand new Regamasters :lol:

Depending on what time he gets back tonight, I could have more pics of the Civic and my car. I got the Halo LED's installed after class today so I just need to clean my car up and find some place to take some pictures.

More pics of the 240 will come once he gets things finalized with the ride height, hood, wheel fitment and motor.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Sweet.......waitin on pics!!!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
Obviously didn't make it out with the Civic the other night. But he got his car tuned and it put down 210whp. I still haven't gotten a ride in it though! Hopefully I'll shoot some pictures of his car soon though.

I did get some pictures of my car!

Quick shot of my interior with the TRD Leather Shift knob.
I don't like how it doesn't line up with my shift boot. I've been lazy and haven't put anything under the boot to hold it up, but I'll probably leave it as is until I get my Karl-Sport Shifter :approve:

And some pics I took after class.

I really liked this one at first, but I'm not sure I like the editing anymore.

I might have some more later. Those were the ones I thought looked the best, but I need to go through the rest of them again. Possibly re-edit some since I need even more practice in that area than I do with the camera. I've been doing a lot of picture searching and I think I'm going to try to get out and take more pictures in general so I'm eventually going to have my flickr link in here.

That's all for now!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I don't remember if this was my idea, or if I read it somewhere, but there's an easy way to make the shifter boot flush with the knob. Take a plastic 2L bottle cap, make a hole in the center, and put it on the shifter just below the boot's upper plastic cone/ring*. Since the shifter shaft is graduated, all you have to do is make the hole in the bottle cap larger, and it will move downward. Keep making the hole bigger until the knob screws down sufficiently and is also flush with the top of the boot.

Alternatively, I've read that people have used vacuum hose ziptied to the shaft to hold the boot up higher. This method would require less trial and error, but it also seems like the boot may start sliding down over time.

I hope that makes sense. If not, I can post a pic my bottle cap mod tomorrow. I'm guessing that a worm gear clamp would also get the job done.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Nice. Did you shoot in raw? If you have access to CS3 or CS4 with bridge you might try adding in fill light in RAW for the last shoot to lighted up the hard shadows, bump up exposure a bit, and also use the high light recovery slider. I can tell there was a lot of dynamic range in the photo, and there is no way your camera can capture the entire range. This is a case where HDR can actually be put into good usage. Give that a try next time. It's real easy. Just shoot bracket, and play around with it in photoshop.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
I don't remember if this was my idea, or if I read it somewhere, but there's an easy way to make the shifter boot flush with the knob. Take a plastic 2L bottle cap, make a hole in the center, and put it on the shifter just below the boot's upper plastic cone/ring*. Since the shifter shaft is graduated, all you have to do is make the hole in the bottle cap larger, and it will move downward. Keep making the hole bigger until the knob screws down sufficiently and is also flush with the top of the boot.

Alternatively, I've read that people have used vacuum hose ziptied to the shaft to hold the boot up higher. This method would require less trial and error, but it also seems like the boot may start sliding down over time.

I hope that makes sense. If not, I can post a pic my bottle cap mod tomorrow. I'm guessing that a worm gear clamp would also get the job done.

*http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k91/beanDS/IS300%20Pics/MOMO/th_NoSetScrewMod_7.jpg
I know what you mean with the bottle cap :approve: It seems like it would be too wide though?

I was thinking about just wrapping it with eletrical tape and then putting a zip tie around the top of it. Or that tape stuff you used for your Momo knob.

Nice. Did you shoot in raw? If you have access to CS3 or CS4 with bridge you might try adding in fill light in RAW for the last shoot to lighted up the hard shadows, bump up exposure a bit, and also use the high light recovery slider. I can tell there was a lot of dynamic range in the photo, and there is no way your camera can capture the entire range. This is a case where HDR can actually be put into good usage. Give that a try next time. It's real easy. Just shoot bracket, and play around with it in photoshop.
I just PM'd you back. I've never tried to take an HDR picture so I need to look into that.

What do you mean by bracketing?

I've got a lot of learning to do :lol:

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Bracket exposure ... put it on a tripod, do one shot expose for the car, then one expose for the shadows, then one expose for the highlight (sky). I think most camera allows you to set how many stops to bracket automatically. Then use software (such as photoshop or others) to combine the exposure. But becareful and try to avoid bad HDR that are fuzzy and over saturated (overbaked).

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #660
Bracket exposure ... put it on a tripod, do one shot expose for the car, then one expose for the shadows, then one expose for the highlight (sky). I think most camera allows you to set how many stops to bracket automatically. Then use software (such as photoshop or others) to combine the exposure. But becareful and try to avoid bad HDR that are fuzzy and over saturated (overbaked).
Awesome. I figured it was something along those lines. I'll do some reading up about it and try get back out there at a similar time/weather condition so I can try it out.

And I know you love over-done HDR shots :lol: So I'll try to avoid them.

641 - 660 of 1931 Posts