Lexus IS Forum banner

621 - 640 of 1927 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Bro, you OWN this car..... or it owns you. One of the two. Either way you're gonna have to keep it for life with what you have invested. :D Lookin hawt though~!

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #622 (Edited)
Bro, you OWN this car..... or it owns you. One of the two. Either way you're gonna have to keep it for life with what you have invested. :D Lookin hawt though~!
I'm in it for the long haul with this thing. I'm have so much more stuff planned it's crazy. It's just a slow process.

3000k H3 HID kit came in yesterday. I might try to install it tomorrow. We'll see how hot it is when I get off work lol.

DSC_3635 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And finally, a couple "teasers". I haven't gotten my lug nuts back. They are being anodized purple right now. Hopefully I'll get them Monday then my wheels will be back on.

Yeah yeah, the first and last pics are some gay HDR toning. I don't really think these pictures needed/deserved any kind of HDR treatment, but they didn't turn out how I wanted so I was just screwing around with them.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I'm glad you left them purple. It looks good. Hahaha you talking about mismatch wheels? I was running around 240 style for half a day a week or so ago. I had rpf1's up front and my vs-xx in the rear..lol

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Nice civic :D

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
I'm glad you left them purple. It looks good. Hahaha you talking about mismatch wheels? I was running around 240 style for half a day a week or so ago. I had rpf1's up front and my vs-xx in the rear..lol
Nice. I was driving next to one of my friends the other day and he had no idea they were two different wheels :)

So are you changing rhe color on your wheels? Love the purple btw. Pics look TITS
No, the wheels are staying gold. I really like the 5 spokes though, but it could just be beacuse I didn't get to see my wheels with the brakes for very long. I've already got my mind set up on my next mods though, so the wheels are staying as is :p

Nice civic :D
:pissed: At least they are both Lexus wheels!

So I got my HID kit installed yesterday. But of course, no pictures :lol: I also got my trunk mat from "justis300parts" on eBay today. Super happy to have that out of the way.

My cooling plate fits... Until I try to put my grill on. I'm gonna put my sisters 2001 stock grill on and make sure it fits with that then I'm gonna go from there. But a new grill could potentially be on my list.

My lugs will be done Friday at the earliest. I'm hoping to get them back that day and have my wheels on Saturday morning. Pics will be up then!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
the car looks pristine, corey. how do you manage to keep your paint that clean? lol

btw, are your BC's maxed out? if so, do your fronts make a "thud" sound when you drive over bumps when driving?

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
You guys should pitch in and buy some for me! :p You actually have me considering this right now though... Hmmm...
LOL I offered last Christmas. How is the fitment on your kit? If the fitment is not so good, the ebay gasket aren't going to cut it, and the Toyota ones are steep. $35 CAD up there for the rear piece for the Camry SE.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
the car looks pristine, corey. how do you manage to keep your paint that clean? lol

btw, are your BC's maxed out? if so, do your fronts make a "thud" sound when you drive over bumps when driving?
my Tein SS coils make noise when I go over bumps. They are maxed out too

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
That purple looks good man.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Your car looks awesome with the 5 spoke stockies, you should rock those sell your wheels and go boost!
What? You're retarded.

Sell his SSR's for about $1800 aaannndd... Try to go boost with $1800 in his pocket, and 7" wide wheels in the rear on 215/45r17 tires? Sounds like a great idea. :nono:

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #633

My paint is far from perfect! That's why I love white :p I have tons of swirls though. All I've done is clay bar and wax. Then wash regularly and quick detail in between. When I'm in the mood to love my car, I would quick detail it every time I stopped driving :lol:

My rears are maxed and I dropped the spring so there is zero preload.

The fronts were maxed but since I installed Figs RCA's I had to raise them up. I can go about 1/2" lower I think. But if I hit a big bump I hear a thud. But usually I have a noise free ride.

LOL I offered last Christmas. How is the fitment on your kit? If the fitment is not so good, the ebay gasket aren't going to cut it, and the Toyota ones are steep. $35 CAD up there for the rear piece for the Camry SE.
Yeah I need to Toyota ones. I think it was $54 or something from them. I've got some friends that can get me a discount, it's just a matter of doing it.

Or deciding if I want to keep my lip kit at all. I HATE my rear lip. As soon as Figs Diffuser is available I'm buying it. And I'd love to at least have my side skirts fit better. But there are so many other parts I want to buy before that :(

That purple looks good man.
Thanks, I'm just ready to get my lugs back! I'm nervous to see them though... I'm not sure how close the match will be...

Your car looks awesome with the 5 spoke stockies, you should rock those sell your wheels and go boost!
I really like the 5 spokes too! But I'm keeping the SSR's for now. I'm gathering money to start preparing my car for boost and then I'll be on my way.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Hey Corey, that "thud" you hear is your front upper control arms bottoming out on the shock towers. I hear it all day every day with my car dumped haha... The only solution would be to cut a hole in the shock tower where it hits, get super super stiff front suspension, or raise up your car more.

I'd hit hairline cracks and they would hit :lol: whatev

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #636
Hey Corey, that "thud" you hear is your front upper control arms bottoming out on the shock towers. I hear it all day every day with my car dumped haha... The only solution would be to cut a hole in the shock tower where it hits, get super super stiff front suspension, or raise up your car more.

I'd hit hairline cracks and they would hit :lol: whatev
Probably. I don't have many marks under my shock towers though. But I don't really care :lol: I try to avoid most bumps if I can. I need 215/35's and either 235/35's or 225/40 so I can go lower.

that purple looks sick as hell.
Thanks!

I'm hoping to get my lug nuts back tomorrow. They had to order the chemicals for purple so it took an extra week. I hope they match :blush:

I installed my cooling plate. It took some persuasion but it fits. The biggest problem is my grill like I mentioned earlier.

Anyway. If my lugs are done tomorrow I'll likely have some updated pics Saturday or Sunday!

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
hey "white is" how did u get that black outline from your lip just wondering... it makes the lip stand out a lot better
I found the part number for the gasket I used on my rear lip. It's a rubber T gasket used in a couple Toyota applications I think. One piece is long enough for the entire rear lip.

Toyota PN #76875-06020-C0

Like stated before, this is the molding piece I used for my front lip, you need 2 of them to do the entire front lip.

Toyota PN #61783-35071

These are just the pieces that I have found and used, there are probably more and other applications as well.

I used Toyota PN #76875-06020-C0 for the rear lip and both side skirts. You can also buy one of these and cut it into two pieces for the front lip.

And two Toyota PN #61783-35071 for the front lip. It is too short to use only one.

Those are both for BLACK gaskets.

Toyota PN #7687802020B0 will also work for the sides, rear, or front. It is GRAY. Change the B to a C and it will be BLACK (Toyota PN #7687802020C0 = BLACK).

Same goes for the other one, change the C to a B and it will now be GRAY (Toyota PN #76875-06020-B0 = GRAY). I might be switching mine to gray eventually...

No updates on my lugs. Hopefully tomorrow.

But to keep you entertained... Two of my buddies made this video of one of their cars. Some of you MIGHT recognize it :lol:

621 - 640 of 1927 Posts