Lexus IS Forum banner

581 - 600 of 1976 Posts

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #581 (Edited)
you asshole ;).....i love all your work corey!
:) Thanks man!

Nice stuff. I wish my trunk was that clean...lol. :(
:lol:

http://poplicks.com/images/money-toilet-paper.jpg
:lol:

I really like the BC extensions. They look a LOT better than the extensions from Stance.
You know I'm not that ballin!

I'm super happy I got the extensions. It's made things SO much easier.

I got a dollar that says the Washington is dirtier than what you're trying to clean ...
Benjamin Franklin says you're right....
lol.

Thanks for the big help lol.
Actually looked it up and my tires actually are 215/40/18 front so..it 24.77 and 24.48....
But my front already rolled and pulled like 5mm i think but it does still rubbing whenever i take a right turn hard/backing to my drive way or whenever i using full lock and there a little bump/dip
So i think my option right now are going smaller tires in the front like 35 series 215/35/40 and that might fix the problem...

Can i have the pic of ur front fender see how much it got pulled and ur wheel on full lock to see how much wheel space u got? thanks alot

And stupid question but....i know my rear is lower than the front...is it going to be a bad thing for the handling or performing anything like that?
Did you do anything with the fender liners? My wheels were rubbing them a lot too so I heat them up and remolded them.. So now I only rub the fenders :lol:

A 215/35/18 would probably fix the problem or more negative camber. Or pull the fenders a little more. Mine aren't perfect by any means, but they are fine by my standards.

DSC_2959 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2960 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2961 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2962 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2964 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I'd go with the easiest options first. Like checking the fender liners. And I'd probably buy stiffer springs before I bought new tires... Unless you can get them super cheap. There's lot of ways to take car of the issue, it's just what works best for you. I plan to move to a more aggressive setup eventually so I'm fine with how things are currently.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #589 (Edited)
Figs CDDD

DSC_2978 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Figs TT Caliper Adapters

DSC_2979 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Figs Full Hysteer RCA's

DSC_2981 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Busted ass windshield

DSC_2969 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I was super excited to get my parts yesterday. Only to be flattened by my windshield today. I guess I had it coming working at the golf course. And yes, my windshild got hit with a golf ball while I was at work at the golf course.

Still not sure how things are going to get taken care of. As of right now, no one brought themself forward and said they did it and the Country Club doesn't want to take responsibility either. Looks like I'm SOL.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Ouch! I can't believe they won't cover the damages. They've got to have insurance for something like that. You should share your pain with the GM in 3 months :pissed:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #591
Ouch! I can't believe they won't cover the damages. They've got to have insurance for something like that. You should share your pain with the GM in 3 months :pissed:
You're telling me. It's a country club. Every member out there can afford to at least split the cost. But whatever. Hopefully I can talk to them tomorrow about it and get something worked out... I'm not holding my breath though :pissed:

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Did you get your stuff installed yet? Also, how's the fitment on the Techna-Fit SS brake lines? Did you have to play around with the fittings, or did they fit properly?

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #596
Did you get your stuff installed yet? Also, how's the fitment on the Techna-Fit SS brake lines? Did you have to play around with the fittings, or did they fit properly?
:pissed: I still haven't gotten everything installed. I just got my rear rotors last week, and I'm waiting on an order from Lexus now.

The fittings to the rear of the front calipers line up though. I was messing with them last night lol. But I'm hoping to have everything done in the next week or two.

Dude, that's why businesses HAVE to have insurance. File a claim with their insurance lol just don't get fired.
I talked to the GM and he said their insurance doesn't cover it. It doesn't matter if it was his car, a member of the country club, or an employee. It's done now so I'm not worried about it :approve:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #597 (Edited)
I went to Import Alliance in Nashville a couple weekends ago. Here are some a couple pics from there...

I got my rear rotors in finally...

DSC_3464 (1) by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I installed Figs RCA's, but in the process ripped up both outer tie rod ball joints. I ordered new ones from Lexus along with a rear caliper rebuild kit but I'm still waiting on them.

Just bought a Carbing Cooling Plate. That and my Figs CDDD and rear calipers will be going to powder coat when I have everything together.

Front LS400 calipers are completely rebuild and back together. Just need to get everything else done so I can put them on with Figs TT adapters.

And here is a random pic I took one night after work...

New pics will come eventually. I just got a Circular Polarizer for my camera so I need to go try it out. And I don't have any pics after I lowered the front 1/4" and the rear 1/2".

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Nice pics. How did you lower it more...I thought you were maxed out. New springs?

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #599
Nice pics. How did you lower it more...I thought you were maxed out. New springs?
The RCA's actually dropped the front 1/2" and my tire was pulling the fender when I turned on flat ground... So technically I raised it a quarter an inch lol.

For the rear I lowered the two perches that the spring sits on so it isn't preloaded any more. Still feels the same as far as ride quality goes. It might have softened it up a little actually.

EDIT: Sweet. I just got a tracking number for my outer tie rods, rear caliper rebuild kit, and 8 of the stupid clips for the grill/bumper. I lost all four of mine so I bought extra :lol:

581 - 600 of 1976 Posts