Lexus IS Forum banner

541 - 560 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
Very nice pics corey...1.5 camber is really nice...mine is at -3 and it sits a lil more sunk that you but that is not cuz of camber, but cuz of how much I pulled...you'll see pics very soon ;)
Lol yeah I was running -3* in the rear all last summer. You should get some Mega Arms! They are awesome!

car is absolutely stunning man! :) :approve:
Thanks man :approve:

Corey, if only you lived closer, we could do a same stance photoshoot lol :p
lol tell me about it. I'm hoping some of my buddies get their cars done before the end of the summer so we can get some shots! v8 240 on Work Meisters, Supercharged Civic on Regamasters, (a built DSM with over 400whp on some flush wheels??), and if my buddies from Florida drive their cars back home we'll have L-SHLEGS car who's been featured on HellaFlush a couple times, and my other friends Subi :approve:

looks sick!:approve:

Got a new part today. Pics to come later, they won't be going on for a while though. And I should be buying a few more parts as soon as Mike is ready :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Haha...ya i was thinking of making the car cambered to 2.0 but i like the stance w/ the camber how it is, but cuz of my roll, I can prolly add another 5mm or even 10mm in the rear ;)

Ya, I am hoping to do a couple photoshoots this summer. I am planning to do something w/ my buddy w/ a RHD S13 Silvia w/ 40mm front and 50mm rear over fenders and 17x10 VS-XX (-33 front offset, -48 rear offset)...no one really sees this car, but maybe it will get out there when we do our photoshoot lol :)

You think I should trade my spacer in the rear?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Dang Corey, I read through your whole thread. A lot of useful info in here. I LOVE the way you car turned out! Can't wait to see your next additions.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #548
-1.5* of camber in the rear is for fa**ot. :lol:

Hahaha jk... -4* is :p
Dude, when they showed me the alignment specs BEFORE my alignment I was like :confused: only -1.5*???

FTW white_is! lookin' good brotha
Lookin good... sometimes i wish I would have found a white one instead of my Black onyx
Thanks guys :approve:
I love white cars :p

Haha...ya i was thinking of making the car cambered to 2.0 but i like the stance w/ the camber how it is, but cuz of my roll, I can prolly add another 5mm or even 10mm in the rear ;)

Ya, I am hoping to do a couple photoshoots this summer. I am planning to do something w/ my buddy w/ a RHD S13 Silvia w/ 40mm front and 50mm rear over fenders and 17x10 VS-XX (-33 front offset, -48 rear offset)...no one really sees this car, but maybe it will get out there when we do our photoshoot lol :)

You think I should trade my spacer in the rear?
Hmmm... If you've got the room for going to a bigger spacer then I would definitly consider it. Your car still looks great as is though.

Dang Corey, I read through your whole thread. A lot of useful info in here. I LOVE the way you car turned out! Can't wait to see your next additions.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Your car is awesome dude! Sometimes i wish i would've picked up white
IS instead of silver, Good work man!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #552 (Edited)
Your car is awesome dude! Sometimes i wish i would've picked up white
IS instead of silver, Good work man!
I love white, but would love to have a red, TCM, or Alabaster IS!

Damn, awesome car! Good to see the evolution of your IS. Looks great, keep up the great work! +rep!
Thanks man! I'll get back to your PM too don't worry. I've just been busy!

I really love your wheel setup! Pretty impressive with a flush and mild aggressive look with that -1.5 rear camber!
I'm happy with it too. I just really wish they were wider/right offset to begin with so I didn't have to run spacers. I'll eventually take care of that though :lol:

And what I'm working on now....

Before:
DSC_2368 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

After:
DSC_2374 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Final:
???? You'll just have to wait and see. I'm still undecided right now. And yes those are two different sides lol. I only got one side sandblasted that day.

And yes, those are 1995-2000 LS 400 calipers.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
wow its looking really good but i hope you didnt sandblast the pistons cause the sand is really fine and could damage the internals.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
wow its looking really good but i hope you didnt sandblast the pistons cause the sand is really fine and could damage the internals.
Of course not. All pistons/seals were removed and everything was taped up. The pistons were only cleaned up with some brake cleaner for now. Caliper rebuild kit is waiting to be picked up at the Lexus dealership too.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
You should have left them purple Corey. I was really diggin it until I scrolled down some more and saw you sandblasted them...lol. How much is the rebuild kit form the stealer?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #558 (Edited)
You should have left them purple Corey. I was really diggin it until I scrolled down some more and saw you sandblasted them...lol. How much is the rebuild kit form the stealer?
You'll just have to wait and see :p I should have them completely blasted Wednesday, and dropped off to powdercoat later that day. I MIGHT post a pic when they are done, but we'll see.

It's a long story on the rebuild kit, but to make it short: My friend thought he was doing me a favor and ordered them through our "local" dealership. It was $53 or something which I was fine with. Then I realized I had to drive 75 miles one way to get them.

I looked online and it seems like they are a lot cheaper (duh). And it gets worse. I went up there Friday to pick them up because my friend told me the Parts department is open until 8pm. I got there at about 7pm and they said the close on Friday at 5:30pm. So he forgot to tell me that :pissed:

i hate you guys, and your nice cars. :p
hahah you have a nice car too man! All it takes is a few mods ;)

You are car is sick, i love it

So I had my first bad experience from driving a lowered car last night. Cruising on one of the main streets in town to get some food with my girlfriend. It was dark but I saw something in the road. "Oh it's just a plastic bag". About a second later I go "oh shit that's not a bag" but it was too late. Then it went slow-mo. I saw it disapper, held my breath, cringed, relaxed, then BOOM, clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk etc.

Pulled over as quick as I could and turned my car off. Walked around to the back and there was nothing dripping or trailing my car. Looked under the front and there was a big ass rock right under my oil pan. There wasn't any liquid around it so I got back in and backed up. The rock was f***ing huge, I'm really embarrassed that I couldn't avoid it, but there wasn't much I could do.

Good news is, the front of my car isn't quite low enough that it did TOO much damage. Missed my lip/bumper completely. Missed my oil pan by about a quarter inch. But nailed my sub frame.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Sorry to hear about that rock! I wouldn't be surprised if it was some punk-ass kid who put it on the road. At least your lip and bumper didn't explode. If I had to drive 75mi to overpay, I would have just canceled the order. I get most of my OEM parts from discounttoyotaparts.com. Did you go with some crazy color on your calipers? Hopefully the install goes smoothly.

541 - 560 of 1931 Posts