Lexus IS Forum banner

521 - 540 of 1931 Posts

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
A couple things,
-I can make a thinner jam nut, but it should be on there to keep things from rotating as well as keeping tension on the threads. It does not have to be much, but I can make a super thin one for you if needed. or if you can get the rod end to actually become the jam nut...thread in all the way until its aligned properly. This may not work because the threads may not terminate with the rod end correctly aligned.

-Are the BC's really all in? Another option is springs as mentioned, just odd that that is as low as you could go. On the GS applications I have seen much lower all in. Any idea what your drop is like now?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
A couple things,
-I can make a thinner jam nut, but it should be on there to keep things from rotating as well as keeping tension on the threads. It does not have to be much, but I can make a super thin one for you if needed. or if you can get the rod end to actually become the jam nut...thread in all the way until its aligned properly. This may not work because the threads may not terminate with the rod end correctly aligned.

-Are the BC's really all in? Another option is springs as mentioned, just odd that that is as low as you could go. On the GS applications I have seen much lower all in. Any idea what your drop is like now?
I'm actually fine with my alignment. Once I get the Toe and Trac links I shouldn't have any issues at all. Last summer, I was running -3* of camber so this is still a HUGE improvement. As long as it's safe to run the jam nut and rod as I have them, then I'm not to worried about it :approve:

And yeah I was surprised too. I had seen other cars with BC's that were slammed, but mine just didn't come out that way.

The fronts are actually pretty good. I can't remember exactly, but the ground to the top of my front fenders is right around 23.5". That is .25" lower than I was on my Tanabe's, so I'm happy with that. I'd need 17's if I wanted to go any lower (or a LOT more negative camber).

The rears are really the only thing that bothers me. I think the ground to the top of my fenders was right at 24.5". That is .75" HIGHER than I was last summer. I'd really only like to be about .5" lower, so I'm not too stressed out about it. I think my tire size might exagerate it a little too since the 235/40/18 is .5" taller than my 215/40/18.

Do you think it has to do with the stiffer spring rates?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Without adjusting my coilovers, I noticed that my rear got raised ~.5" after installing my S2 arms. My coilovers are mounted to the outer holes on my LCA's too. Since I still had more adjustment, I was able to offset the change in ride height.

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
I'm actually fine with my alignment. Once I get the Toe and Trac links I shouldn't have any issues at all. Last summer, I was running -3* of camber so this is still a HUGE improvement. As long as it's safe to run the jam nut and rod as I have them, then I'm not to worried about it :approve:

And yeah I was surprised too. I had seen other cars with BC's that were slammed, but mine just didn't come out that way.

The fronts are actually pretty good. I can't remember exactly, but the ground to the top of my front fenders is right around 23.5". That is .25" lower than I was on my Tanabe's, so I'm happy with that. I'd need 17's if I wanted to go any lower (or a LOT more negative camber).

The rears are really the only thing that bothers me. I think the ground to the top of my fenders was right at 24.5". That is .75" HIGHER than I was last summer. I'd really only like to be about .5" lower, so I'm not too stressed out about it. I think my tire size might exagerate it a little too since the 235/40/18 is .5" taller than my 215/40/18.

Do you think it has to do with the stiffer spring rates?
def could be the stiffer rates. But I think if you wanted to you could move the springs down the body to give you more ride height adjustment. Essentially giving the shock a little compression to get more threads out of it. As long as you have room between the two collars, you have room to drop.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #526 (Edited)
Without adjusting my coilovers, I noticed that my rear got raised ~.5" after installing my S2 arms. My coilovers are mounted to the outer holes on my LCA's too. Since I still had more adjustment, I was able to offset the change in ride height.
I can totally see that having an effect on the height for sure. I have my coilovers on the outer hole as well. I actually took a picture of them, and I think I need to move my sway bar endlink to one of the other holes.

DSC_1983 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

def could be the stiffer rates. But I think if you wanted to you could move the springs down the body to give you more ride height adjustment. Essentially giving the shock a little compression to get more threads out of it. As long as you have room between the two collars, you have room to drop.
Will that have an effect on the life of the shock? I'm considering doing it in the rear.

BTW, I should be PM'ing you in the next couple days for some parts :approve:

Your car is so sexy. I'm in love. Very nice.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Nice pics Corey! Much better than a year ago with your Kodak or whatever it was. I'm really starting to like the red lens on your 3rd brake light. The clear lens seems out of place. I might have to copy you...not what you went through...just getting a red overlay on the lens :lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #534
Nice pics Corey! Much better than a year ago with your Kodak or whatever it was. I'm really starting to like the red lens on your 3rd brake light. The clear lens seems out of place. I might have to copy you...not what you went through...just getting a red overlay on the lens :lol:
:pissed: I forgot about all that mess.

But yeah I'm really happy I decided to do it. I might still have leftover red film if you want some.

And I'm still trying to learn how to use my camera! But thanks as always :approve:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
:pissed:I might still have leftover red film if you want some.
Thanks, I'd like to try it out. Is it a pliable overlay like clear bra, or more like window tint?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
Thanks, I'd like to try it out. Is it a pliable overlay like clear bra, or more like window tint?
It's pretty thin and pliable. I didn't get it perfect around the edges that the bolts go through, but it's good enough. I'll see if I can find it and try to get some pictures or something.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Very nice pics corey...1.5 camber is really nice...mine is at -3 and it sits a lil more sunk that you but that is not cuz of camber, but cuz of how much I pulled...you'll see pics very soon ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Corey, if only you lived closer, we could do a same stance photoshoot lol :p

521 - 540 of 1931 Posts