·
Registered
16,944 Posts
Those rigid bars are TITS!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
should of used contraceptives instead of going with the plan b pill corey....tsk tsk :lol:

why would you widen all four wheels? lol just widen the 8" by two inches and you'll have 9/10 stagger ...am i missing something? but IMO i would only widen if you could make the lips bigger. if you aren't widening the lips i'd just going with spacers and be done with it corey.
Spacers will be going on for now. Then I'll figure out what I want to do from there :approve:

20mm or 25mm fronts
10mm rears

Hey Corey,

It looks like all your parts are slowly coming together, so keep your hopes up :) I am excited to see what the turnout will be. Glad you are keeping us all posted :)
Yeah I'm getting closer to having the rest of my parts. Should be making a large purchase in the next week or so.

hey where did you get your lip kit? its hot.
I bought it from a member in the for sale forums a year or so ago. VIS should have them available though :approve:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k91/beanDS/Avatar%20-%20Sig/i-beat-anorexia.jpg
:confused:
Wow Rey :lol:

Those rigid bars are TITS!
Yeah they are! I'm glad the colored ones came out AFTER I bought mine. There is no need for me to have colored parts under my car lol.

Any way, I'm hoping to have my car together sometime around the end of this month/beginning of May :bigSmile:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #488 (Edited)
So... finally I have updates.

THIS

DSC_1146 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

PLUS

Ichiba V2 20mm Spacers

Cusco Upper A Arms
DSC_1501 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

BC Racing Coilovers (12k/10k)
DSC_1544 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Figs Mega Arms
DSC_1497 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Nokya Hyper Yellow 9005 Bulbs
DSC_1659 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Ichiba V1 10mm Spacers
DSC_1606 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

EQUALS

Hacked up stock lower control arms
DSC_1638 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Hacked up subframe (no pictures)

A stripped wheel stud (hopefully not the hub)

A GREAT alignment (well great for my setup)
DSC_1692 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

First, here are some pics from the installs.

DSC_1646 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1645 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1623 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1634 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1636 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And this is how it looks...

DSC_1681 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1661-1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1674 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1678-1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1679-1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

EDIT: My full mods list is on the FIRST PAGE.

My wheels are SSR Professor MS1
18x8 +17 (+37 with a 20mm spacer) and a 215/40/18
18x9 +27 (+37 with a 10mm spacer) and a 235/40/18

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Damn Corey, that looks good! Just out of curiosity, did you have to ditch the jam nuts on the arms? LOL @ your LCA's.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
Damn Corey, that looks good! Just out of curiosity, did you have to ditch the jam nuts on the arms? LOL @ your LCA's.
Thanks Rey!

Actually, I was meaning to ask you about that. I screwed the rod end in as far as I could get it, and it's pretty much sitting against the jam nut. I didn't get around to asking Fig if that was ok... Should I change it?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
That's pretty much where I have it too. Did you make sure the rod ends are properly aligned? It's kinda hard to tell when the boot is in place.

If you haven't already done so, you should get the install directions from his site. I figured that you would actually have to screw the rod end all the way in without the use of the jam nut. IIRC, Mike said that shouldn't be a problem, but it is preferred to have the jam nut in place to keep the rod end from rotating.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
That's pretty much where I have it too. Did you make sure the rod ends are properly aligned? It's kinda hard to tell when the boot is in place.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k91/beanDS/IS300 Pics/FIGS S2 MEGA ARMS/FIGS_Engineering_Installation_Guide.jpg

If you haven't already done so, you should get the install directions from his site. I figured that you would actually have to screw the rod end all the way in without the use of the jam nut. IIRC, Mike said that shouldn't be a problem, but it is preferred to have the jam nut in place to keep the rod end from rotating.
Yeah I made sure the rod ends were aligned, I just wasn't sure about the nut. Mine is still in place so I should be good!

I just need to fix the wheel stud and the rubbing up front. Then I'll be able to test my coilovers and everything out.

·
Registered
772 Posts
very nice man......always liked your car. I wish I would've bought your wheels when you were selling them. lol

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Your car looks awesome Corey. I like the yellow bulbs in the headlight.
BTW...is this curb rash?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Very nice Corey! Stance is on point! I do like that yellow DRL look, I should pick one up.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #500
i like it! go loooooower! hahahahah
Ugh... You know I want to! I'm maxed out right now :(

shoot. everything came out sick. MS1's are still one of my favorite rims ever.
I love MS1's. I don't know if I'll be able to part with them, but I want wider wheels instead of spacers...

As always your car is looking good Corey.
Thanks man!

What Emerson said! Looks good though man! How are the rubs?
I know :(

Fronts rub LESS after my alignment so that was good. My front fenders have been pulled by my wheels :lol: But I just taped them all up (fender/liner) this morning to see where I'm still rubbing. I'm gonna check it tomorrow night probably and get to work modding everything.

Rears are ALMOST rub free. Driver side is 100% good. My passenger side fender wasn't pull as much as the driver so it rubs. It's taped up to see where exactly, and I'll be pulling it a little to match.

very nice man......always liked your car. I wish I would've bought your wheels when you were selling them. lol
Well I'm glad I ended up keeping them. I would have gotten wider wheels, but I would have been settling for something cheaper. Or I would have been waiting LONGER to get everything back together.

I'm hoping to have wider wheels after this coming winter.

Your car looks awesome Corey. I like the yellow bulbs in the headlight.
BTW...is this curb rash?
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t163/blue_is/White Lexus/D40x/DSC_1673.jpg
I love the yellow. Well, I'm not 100% with them on my car, but I've seen them on a few others here (Travis and Emerson :lol:) so I thought I'd try them.

And no, no curb rash. I just finished washing it and there was some water there :approve:

Very nice Corey! Stance is on point! I do like that yellow DRL look, I should pick one up.
Thanks Josh :approve:

I think the yellow would look great on MSM!

481 - 500 of 1931 Posts