Lexus IS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Nice job Corey. That looks really clean. If I get a dedicated ipod for my car, I may reroute my wires. I see you're putting your camera to use...much nicer than the Kodak.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Nice job Corey. That looks really clean. If I get a dedicated ipod for my car, I may reroute my wires. I see you're putting your camera to use...much nicer than the Kodak.
Thanks Rey! This would be a GREAT place a dedicated ipod. My friend has a very similar setup, and he just leaves his ipod in his armrest all the time. His is completely hidden, so he never has to worry about it. I think a black ipod nano would blend in really nice and hardly be noticable if any one was worried about it getting stolen.

The glove box would be fine for that kind of setup too, but then you can really control it from the ipod, and your glove box won't shut 100%. It's off by like 2mm :lol:

And yes! I'm definitely trying to get some use out of the new camera lol. It's SO much better than my Kodak, and I thought that thing was decent.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
It looks good. I need to get that grom adapter... I also need to finish my wheels..lol. :p

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
:lol: You still haven't finished those wheels??
Thanks man! And the grom adapter is definitely nice to have :approve:

EDIT: Someone buy my SSR's.
Nah...lol. Shit keeps poppin up and I have to spend the money elsewhere.:pissed:

EDIT: Someone buy MY wheels.:p

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Then i'm not going to sell them because they are going to be...

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #471 (Edited)
This thread needs an update~!
somebody needs to buy his wheels first~!
Ehh... Looks like I'm keeping my wheels and buying spacers. I orginally got a quote for new SSR's and was trying desperately to get rid of my wheels so I could buy them at that price. I finally had a buyer so I called the company about the price and they said it was a "typo" and they refused to do it. All the other quotes DOUBLED what I would be spending out of pocket to get new ones.

I could have sold them anyway, and got some thing used or a different wheel, but I looked through all my pictures and really liked the look of my MS1's. So I'm keeping them for now. I'll figure something out later on.

But since I'm here, I washed my car for the first time in 2 or 3 months the other day so I took some pics. It was still like 35* though :pissed:

DSC_1146 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1148 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1151 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1153 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1158 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1160 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I do have small updates.

I bought some Tuned Parts Rigid Bars in Black.

DSC_1118 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1121 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1122 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I had a tail light go out some I bought some Polarg Hybrid bulbs.

DSC_1143 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Those items have been installed.

I also bought some Figs Mega Arms from $lick_IS3T. I won't be installing them until it warms up though.

I painted my Cusco Front Upper A Arms black, but I need to wetsand them and give them some more coats + clear coat.

Other than that, things aren't really coming together liked I'd hoped. So we'll see what I end up with in the next couple months...

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I want to see how the rears will sit once you install the mega arms. Are you repainting them? I swear, you went through all that garbage, and you end up keeping your wheels. I can't stop laughing...because it sounds like something that would happen to me.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
I want to see how the rears will sit once you install the mega arms. Are you repainting them? I swear, you went through all that garbage, and you end up keeping your wheels. I can't stop laughing...because it sounds like something that would happen to me.
:lol: My friends gave me crap about it too. But I couldn't afford to spend $1200 out of pocket for another set of wheels... It WAS going to be around half that, but no the company said it was a "typo".

I haven't really thought about repainting them. I'm gonna consider it now that you mentioned it lol. If I do I'll be using the same stuff you did.

I'm gonna go ahead and get 10mm spacer for the rear, but we'll see how it fits with them when the time comes. Either way, I plan to pull out as much negative camber as I can to put the tire as close to the fender as I can get away with. Then I'll be switching to a 225 instead of 235's.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
have you thought again about plan B? moving the 18x9s to the front and buying some 18x10s +30 offset for the rear.

theyre 3 piece right? you can also try to buy just the barrells. but then you'll have to find a shop to put them together and seal them properly

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #475
have you thought again about plan B? moving the 18x9s to the front and buying some 18x10s +30 offset for the rear.

theyre 3 piece right? you can also try to buy just the barrells. but then you'll have to find a shop to put them together and seal them properly
Yeah Plan B is still an option. But I think I'm just gonna put it to rest for now. I'll reconsider it during the winter though for sure.

And they are 3 piece, but SSR welds the barrels together. So I'd have to replace both the inner and outer barrels. At that point I'd be better off buying a new set of wheels. I think it came out close to $2k when I looked into it.

I could possibly have them widened. It would make them 9 +49 and 10 +49. Then just run a 15mm spacer all around. So I still have options with them. Eminence had two wheels widened for $225 a piece, so it would be $900 to widen all four of mine.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
should of used contraceptives instead of going with the plan b pill corey....tsk tsk :lol:

why would you widen all four wheels? lol just widen the 8" by two inches and you'll have 9/10 stagger ...am i missing something? but IMO i would only widen if you could make the lips bigger. if you aren't widening the lips i'd just going with spacers and be done with it corey.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey Corey,

It looks like all your parts are slowly coming together, so keep your hopes up :) I am excited to see what the turnout will be. Glad you are keeping us all posted :)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
461 - 480 of 1931 Posts