441 - 460 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #442 (Edited)
check this site.. they do it all, and i hear at decent prices...

Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration
:lol: I was actually in the process of emailing them. But then I had a thought.. Which is flawed (I think).

My front wheel is 18x8 +37 normal disk. My rear will is 18x9 +37 super low disk. If I were to take the faces off each, and move the normal disk faces to the 18x9's I could just move them to the front. Then I'd only have to pay to have two wheels widened.

BUT the way the faces are designed, the rears are more flat and have less material on the hub on the super low disks. So by moving the normal disks on the 9 it would RAISE the offset. Right?

Or since the face mounts in the same location but is move convex and has more material on the hub, the offset stays the same? THAT is my dilema. Would the offset be higher by switching faces?

Then my other option is moving the rears to the front, and running a 10mm spacer or so in front to clear the brakes and be more flush (and swap my 215's up there)...

I'd still have to have the rears widened, which would make them 10 +24ish. But comparing it to Travis's pictures, he's running 10 +33 with a 245/35. His tire looks stretched enough so that he could go another 5 or so mm lower (offset wise). I would be running a 235/40/18 so I would be MORE stretched.

The only problem with that, is I'd have the normal disk in the back. Which after widening could potentially still have less lip as the rear..

Damnit Travis. See what you've done?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Trust me, I've tried to think of every possible way to get this done lol.

And I just failed an online test... That I was taking for my girlfriend... :pissed:
I've got finals all week starting tomorrow....I'm on my.is instead of studying and theres hardly anyone on right now!!!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I've got finals all week starting tomorrow....I'm on my.is instead of studying and theres hardly anyone on right now!!!
Finals sucks. I've got another week before they start thankfully. But I still have 3 tests this week (3 finals next week).
dude were all in the same boat?! i'm supposed to be doing my animal bio study guide for my 10:30 final tomorrow. i gotz finals MTW then i'm done till jan 5 biatch! :p i've had 3 final project this last week and 3 finals upcoming. i just finished my 27pg accounting paper then straight into studying for the final in that same class. that class has truly ripped me a new one...

2 presentations
1 long ass essay about some oil drilling company
3 finals
i hate bio....i want to kick her in the vagine

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
dude were all in the same boat?! i'm supposed to be doing my animal bio study guide for my 10:30 final tomorrow. i gotz finals MTW then i'm done till jan 5 biatch! :p i've had 3 final project this last week and 3 finals upcoming. i just finished my 27pg accounting paper then straight into studying for the final in that same class. that class has truly ripped me a new one...

2 presentations
1 long ass essay about some oil drilling company
3 finals
i hate bio....i want to kick her in the vagine
:lol: I've got class this week, then finals the next. I think my finals are MTF and then I'll be out until the 18th :)

What's you opinion on the wheels though? I've got more homework I might put off tomorrow to do some measurements :lol:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
:lol: I've got class this week, then finals the next. I think my finals are MTF and then I'll be out until the 18th :)

What's you opinion on the wheels though? I've got more homework I might put off tomorrow to do some measurements :lol:
i'm not too familiar with 3pc wheels and disk sizes and such but i'm pretty sure if its a +38 on a 8 then the offset should be higher on the 9. but honestly, just move your 9s up front with a 10mm spacer and then widen your fronts. would normal disk face look weird with a lip because it more convex? you could just widen the outer barrel correct? but 9/10 215/40 and 235/40 with offsets in the twenties will get you stanced way better than travis :lol:

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
twestman: that picture is straight sex.

everyone else: i only have 3 finals! w00t. my english professor doesnt want to deal with giving out a final, and the rest is cake walk. i'm done in 2 weeks nigz.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Holy shit balls.... You really went nuts on that picture! Hahahaha

As it currently sits,

1. The rear only rubs under full suspension compression.
2. I can fit 2 credit cards between the tire and inner fender lip, and they'll stick there.
3. Yes, I *could* go about 5-10mm lower, do I want to? Nah. I couldn't make it over ANYTHING at that point. LOL
4. My fenders were pulled about 15mm originally, and it's just at the point where the bumper tab mounting point starts to stick out. I wouldn't imagine you'd like to pull more than that. Seeing as it looks like ass.
5. If you want to run a +24 offset in the rear... Well good luck LOL. Give it about -4* of camber and pull the fenders about 5mm more than I've pulled mine, run 225's and hope that it doesn't rub (which it will). LOL
6. At my ride height, the front rubs like an asshole. With even 16k springs, I KNOW that it would still rub. LOL

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
just want to let both of you know, corey and travis, i hate you.

in a jealous kind of way. :lol:

corey, i didnt' know you got some new rims. i almost had to change my pants when i saw the pics. looks gooooooooodddddddd

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Haha! Yeah. I'd murder myself. Well... Actually it would be doable, but to what extent? You know it would look badass though ;)
there's a fine line between hellaflush fitment and then just plain stupid :lol: you're walking on it travis...

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
Holy shit balls.... You really went nuts on that picture! Hahahaha

As it currently sits,

1. The rear only rubs under full suspension compression.
2. I can fit 2 credit cards between the tire and inner fender lip, and they'll stick there.
3. Yes, I *could* go about 5-10mm lower, do I want to? Nah. I couldn't make it over ANYTHING at that point. LOL
4. My fenders were pulled about 15mm originally, and it's just at the point where the bumper tab mounting point starts to stick out. I wouldn't imagine you'd like to pull more than that. Seeing as it looks like ass.
5. If you want to run a +24 offset in the rear... Well good luck LOL. Give it about -4* of camber and pull the fenders about 5mm more than I've pulled mine, run 225's and hope that it doesn't rub (which it will). LOL
6. At my ride height, the front rubs like an asshole. With even 16k springs, I KNOW that it would still rub. LOL

Oh, and about your wheels/tires not fitting w/ spacers.... Yeah, no way in hell. LOL

You'd need to run something like a 185 up front, and the 215 in the rear would work with the 9.
I figured. I never wanted to go that low of offset. But yet again, at first I was like :) it's doable. Then I looked at the rest of your pictures, and was like :pissed: no it's not.

just want to let both of you know, corey and travis, i hate you.

in a jealous kind of way. :lol:

corey, i didnt' know you got some new rims. i almost had to change my pants when i saw the pics. looks gooooooooodddddddd
lol I was wondering where you had been. Thanks though :approve:
I hate Travis by the way, so you aren't alone!

jesus you guys think too much, what happened to just putting wheels on and making them work ahahaha
*Corey* thinks too much. haha I just said fuck it all and made 'em work.
I think too much because I'm indecivise, too ambitious, and too broke :pissed:

I'd love for someone to come in and offer to buy mine (HINT HINT). But they would have to be serious about it. I would LOVE to be able to buy a new set in different sizes (9 +37 10 +37), so if anyone wants to help my goals they can go ahead and PM me :p

But there are so many other things on my list that I want. And spending MORE money on wheels only slows me down more.

:pissed: As excited as I am to go to NYC after Christmas... It was a HUGE hit to my progress. If I wasn't going, I could have sold my wheels, bought the wider set, bought coilovers, and still had money left over.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #460 (Edited)
Since it's cold out I decided to do some work inside my car. If you guys remember I wanted to have my Grom Audio Ipod Connector thing run under the center console and out of the cup holder underneath the armrest. Well I finally got around to doing it! It ended up being really easy. The hardest part was pulling the whole center console out.. It should have taken two seconds but I'm a moron and couldn't figure out the stupid clips.

I have to thank Aquafish for his guide. All the other guide's pictures weren't working, and I'm more of a visual person :lol: So here is his guide to removing the center console.

http://my.is/forums/f90/guide-removing-center-console-381884/

Anyway... Here are some pictures. I'll try to explain what was going on too!

Everything obviously pulled out. That is where I ended up mounting the "module" for the Grom unit (on the left side).
DSC_0027 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

You can see the cable that connects to the Ipod and the Grom unit at the bottom. I ran it underneath the plastic part of the dash and then infront of the metal bracket.
DSC_0030 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

The units final resting place. I put a small piece of double sided tape on the back to keep it from vibrating or moving around.
DSC_0032 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I ran the cable on the left side of the center console (away from the e-brake). When I put the center console back on, I tried to push the cable up between the edge of the shifter console and the cup holder to keep it from moving around.
DSC_0033 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Jumbled mess under the armrest, waiting to be finished.
DSC_0034 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Pulled it up through the bottom of the armrest.
DSC_0035 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Now here is how I decided to do it. I found this the easiest way, but there are others. I simply dremeled a hole in the bottom of the part that slides down into the cup holder area.

DSC_0037 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0038 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And that's it! I made the wire come through the hole, and put the little carpet piece back in the bottom of the cup holder.
DSC_0039 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0040 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0041 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

The armrest still sits perfect without hitting the top of my phone.
DSC_0042 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

It makes things so much easier! And I hated having the wiring hanging out all over the place so it makes things look better in my opinion.

441 - 460 of 1931 Posts