Lexus IS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
that's the exact opposite i thought you'd say lol. i was gonna do purple but gf said it was a no go. what color lugs you think looks good with the blue? i was thinking gold.

thanks for specificity with the rolling :approve: will do sir!

:lol: thanks
Either gold or maybe chrome? Gunmetal to match msm?

very nice IS300
Thank you!

i see. so the new springs you got, were they by tanabe also, or some other company? maybe i dont need helper springs, ehhh idk what to do. these coilovers are really nice, i love them cause i DD, maybe i will take out the helpers and swap the 8k/10k and get the stiffer ones that tanabe makes. we shall see. thanks for your insight though.

p.s.

give me your ms-1's
:lol: Yeah right!

But yes I bought springs from More-Japan. They were the exact same springs that came with the coilovers. I think they are PRO210's or something like that. I bought 30mm shorter front and rear, but kept the same spring rates. For my goals, I should have bought stiffer. But they worked fine for DD. You just have to balance out the right height to make sure you still have suspension travel.

I potentially have someone interested in the coilovers, and they might not want the shorter springs. I'll try to get a definitive answer and then I can PM you if you'd like. They've only been on since I put my wheels on.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
I'm gonna make my wheels work on 10k/8k... We'll see ;) LOL
Atleast you can adjust damping! lol.

But hey, that clunking noise we both had. When I pulled my coilovers off I was looking at the bushing on the knuckle that connects to the lower control arm... My definitely felt F-ed. I'm going to try to go by Lexus over winter while my car is pretty much stock and see what they say.

Now today I took apart all four coilovers to clean them. The top nut is supposed to be pretty tight right? Well both of mine (rears) came loose pretty easy, like broke loose with very little pressure lol. So you might want to check yours.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #427 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Hahaha that's hilarious... BTW I get the wheels for SURE tomorrow. Gonna get tires mounted, go a bit lower for the extra camber, and see if it fits like I hope it will. Gonna be awesome, or it's gonna hurt my fenders. Only one of two options can come of it :lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
Hahaha that's hilarious... BTW I get the wheels for SURE tomorrow. Gonna get tires mounted, go a bit lower for the extra camber, and see if it fits like I hope it will. Gonna be awesome, or it's gonna hurt my fenders. Only one of two options can come of it :lol:
:pissed: Rub it in.

My plan come sprin:. New coilovers, mega arms, toe rods, trac rods, SPACERS + slammed. Turn those bitches full stiff and see how it goes :lol:

I'll be in the same boat lol. It's either going to be sick and work. Or it's going to be sick and mess my fenders up.

BTW, I chipped my driver side rear fender putting my stock suspension back in. :pissed: It's right on the roll though so it isn't noticeable. But two spots. Ugh. Whatever.

And I'll be getting my D40x tomorrow :bigSmile: So atleast I have something to look forward to.

Good luck with your wheels. I hope it works out. I want to see it!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Winter...what's that?

-SoCal

I think this may be the first time my car has ever been lower than yours :lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
I'll post pics for sure. Going to a car show on Saturday and then to the Intense Motorsports show next Saturday... Should be fun and a good opportunity for pics ;)
Awesome. I look forward to seeing them!

Winter...what's that?

-SoCal

I think this may be the first time my car has ever been lower than yours :lol:
Yeah yeah. Trust me, all of my friends have been giving me crap about it lol. "I think that S10 is lower than you" :pissed:

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
yeah keep me updated on the springs, idk where the funds will be by then cause im building some stuff up in my garage for the car. maybe by the time im done, you will still have your springs. what coilovers were you thinking about switching to? prolly stance gr+'s huh, lol, seems like everyone is switching to stance ( and i dont blame them either! )

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
yeah keep me updated on the springs, idk where the funds will be by then cause im building some stuff up in my garage for the car. maybe by the time im done, you will still have your springs. what coilovers were you thinking about switching to? prolly stance gr+'s huh, lol, seems like everyone is switching to stance ( and i dont blame them either! )
Well I was planning to go with HKS Hipermax III's, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with sending them to Japan if something ever goes wrong. So then I was considering some JIC's since they can be rebuilt in California.

But I don't really have a reason NOT to go with Stance. Everything can be handled in the US and I haven't heard one bad thing about them yet. I'm going to check prices when the time comes though, and I will decide from there!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Well I was planning to go with HKS Hipermax III's, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with sending them to Japan if something ever goes wrong. So then I was considering some JIC's since they can be rebuilt in California.

But I don't really have a reason NOT to go with Stance. Everything can be handled in the US and I haven't heard one bad thing about them yet. I'm going to check prices when the time comes though, and I will decide from there!
yeah anything that can be repaired here in the U.S. is definately good. my buddy has the GR+'s on his rx-7 fc, looks like an uncomfortable ride, which sounds like its right up your alley (lol). when he drives behind me at night it looks like he's flashing his hi-beams at me cause of how much his car bounces up and down, and he gets it on 3 wheels when ever his car needs to go over a dip and onto something higher, i.e. from the street, over a dip, into the parking lot of some where. its kinda funny. then again that car probably weighs as much as 1/2 of the IS300...the springs are probably not even compressed where it sits.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
yeah anything that can be repaired here in the U.S. is definately good. my buddy has the GR+'s on his rx-7 fc, looks like an uncomfortable ride, which sounds like its right up your alley (lol). when he drives behind me at night it looks like he's flashing his hi-beams at me cause of how much his car bounces up and down, and he gets it on 3 wheels when ever his car needs to go over a dip and onto something higher, i.e. from the street, over a dip, into the parking lot of some where. its kinda funny. then again that car probably weighs as much as 1/2 of the IS300...the springs are probably not even compressed where it sits.
Lol yeah I know what you mean. My friend has a Civic on K-Sports and he is STILL tucking tire when the car is jacked up off the ground :lol:

But yeah, I'd honestly rather be too stiff. If the rides too soft I'll rub like crazy. It shouldn't be too back though.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
nice. lol. yeah i'd definately say that you cant be too stiff if you are trying to run an aggressive stance.

p.s.

give me your ms-1's (again :p)

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #438 (Edited)
nice. lol. yeah i'd definately say that you cant be too stiff if you are trying to run an aggressive stance.

p.s.

give me your ms-1's (again :p)
:lol: My MS1's will always be "for sale". I'm not happy with the fitment, but can't afford new wheels. If some one offered enough for them, I would definitely take it. But it would have to be somewhere in the $2300 range lol.

I'd love to buy some 18x9 +24 Normal disk and 18x10 +24 Super Low Disk MS1's.

421 - 440 of 1931 Posts