Lexus IS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Overall i like the lip, But its too aggressive for what my car will be. My car will be very stock looking, with aero that kinda compliments the OEM lines. I hate the lip options for the is300. Grrr. I like the TRD though but I don't know if its aggressive enough lol It's like almost tooooo plain without the whole kit.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
yes tanabe sustec pros or something like that ..but he's looking to get rid of them because there's no dampening adjustablity and only height adjustability. if you have the urge to ask whether or not to buy coilovers, just buy coilovers.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Wow. That sucks man. Looks like I'll be going OEM if I decide to changet things up.

it looks sick man! did you use coilover with your set up?

yes tanabe sustec pros or something like that ..but he's looking to get rid of them because there's no dampening adjustablity and only height adjustability. if you have the urge to ask whether or not to buy coilovers, just buy coilovers.
That ^^ is correct. Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Type II's. Height adjustable ONLY. No damping. They ride great, but they don't go low enough for me and aren't stiff enough for my needs anymore. They were great for a normal DD though.

I possibly have a buyer for them now, but if they decide not to go through with it you are welcome to PM me and I can possibly sell them to you. I highly suggest coilovers over a spring/shock setup because most people get bored of being stuck at one ride height.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #410 (Edited)
No real updates. Winter time is here, so I'm putting my car in winter form.

I did buy a JDM Non Smokers box (Thanks again Chado!). I've wanted one for a while, so I jumped on one when I had the chance.

100_1487 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Then, in preperation for winter, I put my stock wheels back on. Still had the coilovers on, and was pretty low.

100_1473 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

100_1478 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Now, I have the coilovers off, and I'm back on the stock springs/struts. So I'm about a foot higher :lol: Sucks, but it will be worth it in the spring.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That ^^ is correct. Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Type II's. Height adjustable ONLY. No damping. They ride great, but they don't go low enough for me and aren't stiff enough for my needs anymore. They were great for a normal DD though.

I possibly have a buyer for them now, but if they decide not to go through with it you are welcome to PM me and I can possibly sell them to you. I highly suggest coilovers over a spring/shock setup because most people get bored of being stuck at one ride height.
dude corey you know i already have coils LOL i was just explaining to the guy b/c he was asking if you were on coils or not.

btw i'm gonna be 17x9 +33/+18 here in a few weeks. if i need to i'll buy 8mm spacers making it +30 in the front but since i already have 5mm i'll try those first. everyone's gonna hate on my fake ass thrasher wheels though....

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
i got "f**k that fake sh*t" drag dr-31 wheels (work cr kai reps) from discount tire for $470 shipped through their black Friday sale. brother paid half for them so i technically got them for $235 which isn't bad i think. i know i'm gonna get hated on but its ok i'd hate on me too lol

unfortunately the only color they had for 17x9 +38 was time attack but i was gonna repaint them anyways. gonna do royal blue with gold lugs? gonna use the tires from my stockers 215/40 falken 512

sorry for thread jacking corey but something along the lines of this.

BTW Corey what was the temp you heat up the fenders to when you rolled them?

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
ay, you are a lot lower than i am and i have the same coilovers as you. i didnt lower the settings all the way to the bottom, but from the looks of my height, even if i did, i would still be higher than you. right now i have stock rims, but with your stockers you still look pretty low. did you take out the helper springs, or am i just going crazy?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
At first i was not feeling the black tape etc.. what ever you call it. Yet it looks good. I like it.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
dude corey you know i already have coils LOL i was just explaining to the guy b/c he was asking if you were on coils or not.

btw i'm gonna be 17x9 +33/+18 here in a few weeks. if i need to i'll buy 8mm spacers making it +30 in the front but since i already have 5mm i'll try those first. everyone's gonna hate on my fake ass thrasher wheels though....
lol, I was more saying that to the guy who asked if I was on coils :approve:

I can't wait to see your new wheels. I don't care if they are fake or not.

i got "f**k that fake sh*t" drag dr-31 wheels (work cr kai reps) from discount tire for $470 shipped through their black Friday sale. brother paid half for them so i technically got them for $235 which isn't bad i think. i know i'm gonna get hated on but its ok i'd hate on me too lol

unfortunately the only color they had for 17x9 +38 was time attack but i was gonna repaint them anyways. gonna do royal blue with gold lugs? gonna use the tires from my stockers 215/40 falken 512

sorry for thread jacking corey but something along the lines of this.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/sfc4life/IMG_0784.jpg
BTW Corey what was the temp you heat up the fenders to when you rolled them?
I think blue would look good. Or purple lol.

I heated them to around 140-160. I tried not to go over 170 for sure, and I didn't roll until they were over 140. Go slow and do it in small increments and you'll be fine!

ay, you are a lot lower than i am and i have the same coilovers as you. i didnt lower the settings all the way to the bottom, but from the looks of my height, even if i did, i would still be higher than you. right now i have stock rims, but with your stockers you still look pretty low. did you take out the helper springs, or am i just going crazy?
Mine didn't come with helper springs. But I bought shorter springs and swapped them on so I could go lower. Ended up not being the greatest idea. I ran out of travel before I was as low as I wanted to go. So I CAN go about 1/2" lower or more, but I'll have ZERO suspension travel. The height it was at then is right on the line of having VERY little travel. The front was a lot worse than the rear though.

I'm buying new coilovers so I can go lower and have damping adjustability. These were great coilovers though. I never had any problems with them.

At first i was not feeling the black tape etc.. what ever you call it. Yet it looks good. I like it.
Damn the black gaskets :lol: I might get around to changing over winter, but it isn't exactly a priority. It's still a possibility though!

Thanks for all the comments :approve:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I don't care if they are fake or not.

I think blue would look good. Or purple lol.

I heated them to around 140-160. I tried not to go over 170 for sure, and I didn't roll until they were over 140. Go slow and do it in small increments and you'll be fine!
that's the exact opposite i thought you'd say lol. i was gonna do purple but gf said it was a no go. what color lugs you think looks good with the blue? i was thinking gold.

thanks for specificity with the rolling :approve: will do sir!

:lol: thanks

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
i see. so the new springs you got, were they by tanabe also, or some other company? maybe i dont need helper springs, ehhh idk what to do. these coilovers are really nice, i love them cause i DD, maybe i will take out the helpers and swap the 8k/10k and get the stiffer ones that tanabe makes. we shall see. thanks for your insight though.

p.s.

give me your ms-1's

401 - 420 of 1931 Posts