Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2,043 Posts
i'm lovin those xd9s.. i'm jealous :approve:
looks good and great job on the car so far! +REP

I'll third black calipers with white sticks... yeah white stickers why not!

I do really like those wheel, and the blue lug nuts are awesome. Hell, paint your calipers that blue color, might look good?!

Discussion starter · #28 ·
i'm lovin those xd9s.. i'm jealous :approve:
looks good and great job on the car so far! +REP
thanks man. im 18 too ;)

Car looks great!

paint the calipers black
clean ride...second on the black calipers
I'll third black calipers with white sticks... yeah white stickers why not!

I do really like those wheel, and the blue lug nuts are awesome. Hell, paint your calipers that blue color, might look good?!
i had been thinking of painting my calipers black.. and trying to get blue decals. but ive got a ton of other things going on right now. its on my to-do list though!

but black with white, bronze, or blue decals????
or should i look into the blue with bronze or white decals?

^^ That sounds good. I vote that too. Blue calipers to match the lugs with bronze stickers!
that was my first choice. they would be done already but i was in a rush to get paint and the only way it would come out close was to paint them chrome first then put this blue paint over it.that was going to be more expensive than i wanted it to be.

and there will be updates this weekend! hopefully a teaser tomorrow night!

did you say your mom's car is now completely stock after messing up a rim? Your mom customizing her's? that's pretty awesome. What rims did she have?

i would go with black calipers since you have a lot more black going on the car now. i would paint the housings on the side markers white and get clear lenses. Or just paint them imo....

Car looks awesome. i really like the white IS's

Discussion starter · #30 · (Edited)
did you say your mom's car is now completely stock after messing up a rim? Your mom customizing her's? that's pretty awesome. What rims did she have?

i would go with black calipers since you have a lot more black going on the car now. i would paint the housings on the side markers white and get clear lenses. Or just paint them imo....

Car looks awesome. i really like the white IS's
the blue one was mine. and then i got the white one. i put some ADR M-Sports on the blue car when i had it and my mom had been driving it like that. then she busted one so its all stock. so she doesnt really mod it but.. she does want to get another rim so we can but the ADR's back on lol.

and i have since painted my head lights and fog lights back and done some JDM style turn signals so i think the amber side marker looks cool...

here's some recent ones with my Blitz Nur Spec, painted heads, fogs, and grill. even though i'll have new pics this weekend!!

white28 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

white26 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
well i got my car back tonight. ive had my kit for around 4 months and finally got it installed. i was happy with everything except the grill. my body guy didnt install the grill right... so ive got to fix that tomorrow hopefully. but here is a teaser until i can wash it again and finally take some good pictures.

TRDkit by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Looking good, now clean your car and post some daytime pics :approve:

If you haven't already painted your calipers, I suggest black with white logos.

Here's mine (but with silver decals)

Discussion starter · #39 · (Edited)
i finally got time to wash my car since getting it back from the body shop. but here's a list of things i've got done so far...

Work Emotion XD9 18x8 +45 all around
Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Type II
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
TRD Rep. Front Lip
L-Tuned Rep. Sides and Rear Lip
Painted Black Headlights with JDM Style Turn Signals and Chrome Rings
Painted Black Fogs
DIY Black Pearl Emblems
15% Tint

100_0106 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

100_0107 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

100_0109 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

100_0110 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

100_0115 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

100_0117 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

has any one tinted the third brake light on the spoiler? im thinking it would look better red...
100_0119 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

The pictures didn't turn out the greatest but thats ok. im not satisfied with the exterior of my car yet. so when i finally get it done i'll get some better quality pictures.

but now i'm working on fixing my l-sporstline grill, getting my tail lights, and painting my calipers. OH and redo-ing my emblems. (any one have a rear "L", "Lexus" and "IS 300" for sale??)

then i have to decide if i want JDM window visors and/or a ugo roof spoiler...

then once my exterior is done its on to my turbo kit. ive got the majority of my kit now. im just slowly piecing everything together :)

and at some point i want to get some 18x9's in the rear... or new rims all together. and LSD.

anyway. this should be it for my updates for awhile. its almost winter here so i wont be doing much..

Wheres the new grill?

21 - 40 of 2,043 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.