Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
1. AWESOME stuff! :approve:

2. You're correct. NEVER spray below 3k rpm, and you can use an rpm window switch to prevent this. You can set it so it activates above 3k and shuts off before 6250.

3. You can also drop in NA Supra injectors (PNP) and they're 330cc. I want to say they're mkiii, but I'm not 100% certain. That'd give you a bit more wiggle room with fueling.
I thought about your post and came back to reply to it, after installing the bigger injectors the Stock ECU will have trimming to do since more fuel will be coming out than it's used to. Maybe reset the ECU before first start so it starts out fresh with the new plugs and learns faster? I could only imagine cold starts and the engine flooding. However, correct me if I'm wrong the SRT Black box dumps as much as it can through the injectors at WOT? I mentioned it earlier but it was only an assumption, Not sure if it retards the timing more or not either.

I also thought about a window switch and it kinda took away the idea of the excitement having the computer do all the work for you. Yes, this does allow for more chance of human error yet I may add it at a later time depending on if my turbo project is underway soon.

Yeah man - Pretty cool. Good job! I bet it's pretty fun
I had my GF press it last night and she said ".. whoa! It's just like in the movie!" lol

Next is to Chop me some WRX with a guy whom I work. Surprisingly he only pulls away just a bit with the SRT black box. Will post results (from Mexico).

My next project is Hood Latches & Bulbs. I looked up sizes here and was still confused so I came to my own conclusion of this D2R and this 9006. The latches are brand name by AreoCatch and look pretty good IMO.

[/URL][/IMG]

One of the most beautiful White IS300 I've seen yet.

I appreciate the input you guys give and motivating me to keep up with the latest trends and styles.

It's a lot of fun :grin:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
After watching a Youtube video I decided to take the bumper off and the headlights out and replace the HID bulbs from the stock 4300k to the 6000k.

My Video of 6000k From Amazon Prime $10.52

Also added the clear side markers

Used Led Corner Marker Lights

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im really digging the black door handles. You plasti dip them? Good stuff so far. Gives my ideas for my dwp is...

Btw, I've been thinking about a custom plate also. Something along the lines of my forum name. Unique but not overly obscure.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Im really digging the black door handles. You plasti dip them? Good stuff so far. Gives my ideas for my dwp is...

Btw, I've been thinking about a custom plate also. Something along the lines of my forum name. Unique but not overly obscure.
I ordered my plate yesterday "FSPORT JK" lol some humor :grin:

Also I installed this yesterday while bored at work...

I think it looks great for

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was thinking about doing a glass black vinyl wrap on my roof. Just wasnt sure how i thought it would turn out. I wish i could work on my car at work. I like the choice of plate, can't wait to see that.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Im really digging the black door handles.
Thank you :)

You plasti dip them?
Yes Sir

I haven't seen anything with your SN before, that would be cool. For $50 a year, I think everyone should have custom plates.

I was thinking about doing a glass black vinyl wrap on my roof. Just wasnt sure how i thought it would turn out. I wish i could work on my car at work. I like the choice of plate, can't wait to see that.
Yes, I'm a salaried employee. As long as I do my job, how I use my time is up to me. For the License Plate, I am a humorous person, I thought that would be the best one for me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Salary sucks. Been there, done that. Never again. I'll take my OT pay. How is the plasti dip holding up on the door handles? I've done rims but never anything I'm constantly touching or grabbing.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Salary sucks. Been there, done that. Never again. I'll take my OT pay. How is the plasti dip holding up on the door handles? I've done rims but never anything I'm constantly touching or grabbing.
The Black Plasti-Dip on the underside of the door handles where the overspray from the angle spraying from top and bottom has worn completely. However, its still on there strong without touch-up since July or so last year. I go through the car wash 2-3 times a week and no problems. The rims are a different story, I put 2-3 coats and around the edges its starting to come up from three issues.

Tire dressing from the carwash

GF curbing the rear pass rim :crying:

Taking driveways at angles where the tire rubs against the rim and the Plasti-Dip gives way.

All of these issues with Plasti-Dip can be easily fixed with paint thiner to liquefy the Plasti-Dip again, let it sit to dry, then touch-up again with more Plasti-Dip. I bought my supplies from dipyourcar (DOT) com where its slightly cheaper than buying at other auto store's.

My Toyo Tires Proxes lettering are still holding strong, I used brake cleaner, sander 800 grit, brake cleaner again, then the provided super glue. A few of the edges have come up but they're a quick fix.

I baked the headlights & my 10 color glowshift gauge arrived.... More pix to come!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
So I started this last night...

Did one tail light to compare.

More pix added...

Made the mistake of painting the inner reflective chrome. Used Paint thinner and removed it.

Bead of Loctite caulk, goes on white turns clear when dry

re-installed red reflector

Use clamps to hold tight while drying, I let it sit for 24 hours.

The DIY says not to remove the tape off the lens in order to prevent scratching, Before re-caulking the lens back on I strongly recommend taking the tape off do allow you to clean the inside of the lens, with the tape you cannot see anything. I also added RainX anti-fog to ensure condensation from forming. More pix to come with installed.

Full DIY with pictures here.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I feel bad, almost everything you do is on my to do list so I feel like I'm copying your IS lol. beautiful car, love checking this thread for updates. Question though, how did you get the back of your door handles painted? I did mine and I was only able to get a little paint on the backs and they are now coming up from usage. I'm bout to repaint, just wondering if you got some tips! Keep up the good work!

edit: also, did you just cut open the rear lights like people say you have to? what did you use? I want to black out my tailight housings.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nice work, car's looking great.

lol at Parker, you're supposed to say that's your idea he stole that you haven't yet gotten around to doing! At least that's what I am saying with the carbon center console with gauge, been on my to do list for a while.
@White2003Lexus ; Is that a dry carbon cloth your going to be putting the epoxy on later? I have been trying to cheat and find some carbon thin pre-made sheets to simply cut but nothing yet.

81 - 100 of 189 Posts