Lexus IS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
For another example, check out Blkaltezza's build thread. He made a similar one to prevent scraping on curbs and such. Might give you an idea for the future...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Pictures aren't in order by timeline,

Received my Megan's Racing Front & Rear Strut Bar's

Added H&R Trac Hub-Centric Spacers 15mm in the front, 20mm in the rear

Decided to try my luck with the eBay Ferrari F430 LED Mirrors... Fail. :( lol

I'll have you know I gladly junk'd them... lol

The Hash Marks are Matte Plasti-Dip ;) Peel off anytime I'm sick of'em.

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
Where did you get the H&R spacers and how much?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
That GTO is sweet. What happened to it?
Lost my Job, I couldn't make the payments so I gave it back to the bank. I had an SAP Kit on it and it sold at auction for more than I owed which was awesome. My FiCO has no record of it ever being owned. :) I really lucked out.

Nice progress! I'm digging the V1 and your diy splitter. I've had the "CRUNCH" experience before, lol.
Yes, the Crunch is not fun...

For another example, check out Blkaltezza's build thread. He made a similar one to prevent scraping on curbs and such. Might give you an idea for the future...
Actually, I modeled my splitter from his build, He and I exchange PM's every-so-often when I have a question about something. Really nice guy.

Good looking car.
Thank you :) I'd like to give you a compliment as well however, I couldn't find any pix of your car. You should create a thread of your own and show your progress. :)

Where did you get the H&R spacers and how much?
15mm Part #: 30656014 $119.95 Pair
20mm Part #: 40656014 $139.95 Pair
Bolt Pattern 5/114.3 Bore 60.1 Stud 12x1.5 Thread 12mm

Griffin Motorwerke Inc.
Tuner

1146 6th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
United States

Phone: (510) 524-7447
Fax: (510) 524-4946

Damn those F-Sport badges bring back memories. I was planning to go with 18in F-Sport wheels, but changed my mind so I took them off.
I don't mind that those that know back in 2003 "F-Sport" wasn't an actual model available and those that don't know give me compliments. Either way I'm happy and with my Black & White Scheme I think the Black Badges accent the car nicely.

Soon after I complete my last mod later today I'll get a car wash and take some pix, I have an appointment today for 5% on the rear half + the sunroof at 2PM PST however, the guy at the shop isn't answering and I'm not driving a half hour to get stood up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you :) I'd like to give you a compliment as well however, I couldn't find any pix of your car. You should create a thread of your own and show your progress. :)
I may get around to doing that at some point. My main focus is getting the old or beat up parts at least back to stock. Mods will have to come at a later time. For right now, I'm doing all of the inexpensive DIYs that help clean up the car. Just fixed the nasty dash, and am very pleased with how it turned out. Next, I'm working on getting some new seats, and doing something with my wheels. Both are in pretty bad shape. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Nice!

I can't remember if it's clorox wipes that cleans the rubberized melting dash or not? I do remember not to use armour all as it will make it worse. I'm trying to talk a friend into trading me the leather alcatera interior for my tan. He's not going for it. lol

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I'm already regretting the Coil-overs I just had put in last night. The ride quality is very soft and you don't feel a single rock while driving however, any large, major bumps completely bottom out and make a loud bang which makes me grind my teeth... Also turning sharply makes the tires rub, at higher speeds it sounds like an airplane touching down with the ~!skirt!~ sound.

I think I may go back to the springs with the stiffer ride to allow me not to bottom out and be able to "..break-in, the wheel barrings.." while turning sharply lol

/END THREAD RANT.

Opinions? Comments?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
What brand of coilovers?
Yonaka Brand, Everyone is just telling I'm way too low and I agree. From the pictures above its sunk about another inch after driving it. I am going to try and raise it an inch today and see how it is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are they the 2nd gen ones? I believe they have fully adjustable dampening.

I was actually looking into these for my car as well, be nice to get some feedback after you get them dialed in

41 - 60 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.