Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew WHICH tuner has the fastest turnaround time in getting a kit to the customer..

I am not in the mood to really wait half a year or so for my kit.. If i pay thoasands of dollars, which tuner is able to get the kit out the fastest??

Do NO tuners stock ANY of thier kits?

I do prefer the TE kits because of certain features that they have (tubular, aluminum piping, and the fact that i am jeff's west coast installer so he and I are cool)

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Can't really tell u who has the fastest turn around time because I prefer to be done right the 1st time. Usually if it is done quickly most likely u will have 2 bring it back to redo something.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
I think you pretty much answered you're own question....

TE seems to have the shortest turn around...used to be SRT...

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do my own work so i am not worried about installation..

I dont want my kit to take forever to arrive at my doorstep.. The install of the kit is less than a weeks time for me (tuning, headgasket and finalization included)

I tried calling Te.. Jeff wasnt availiable, the guy on the phone said 2-3 weeks to ship out the whole kit...

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
i am jeff's west coast installer so he and I are cool)
So you're the "official" TE west coast installer? Good to know. How frequently do you visit NorCal, Malek?;)

Based on customer service experiences I've read/heard about, it seems TE has the quickest turnaround time.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if TE is in fact the quickest, i would be really happy because they have what i need...

PFS has some great kits and i have had success with installing them, but 9k for the kit and steel piping and a cast manifold.. I like the idea of a tubular manifold...

Brian--yea i am the official west coast installer.. I dont really go to norcal, but if you need something done, or you have ordered a kit, or simply have questions, you can give me a call and I will help you out..

Anyway.. anyone else got any suggestions on tuners?? I like the Boostlogic kit ALOT, but it doesnt come with an EMS!!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I believe kean has all the hard parts in stock for the boost logic kit

as far as EMS, get a used one somewhere and fly justin down to calif :)

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh that sounds really good actually. If kean has all the parts in stock and can get me all that stuff asap, i will figure something out for the EMS... I currently dont want to run standalone even though i am pretty comfortable with the Tec3 EMS.. I will start up with the Eman and go from there...

I will be contacting Jeff and Kean this week or next and see what they can each do for me.. The BL and TE kits are good looking kits..

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It's not which tuner has the fastest turn around but its more what do you want done.

Example...
You want a stage 2-3 from SRT then your looking at around 2-3 weeks, sometimes even a couple of days for a basic stage 2-2.5. But if you want custom work your looking at 6months ++.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
boosted_4door said:
It's not which tuner has the fastest turn around but its more what do you want done.

Example...
You want a stage 2-3 from SRT then your looking at around 2-3 weeks, sometimes even a couple of days for a basic stage 2-2.5. But if you want custom work your looking at 6months ++.

read above.. NO TUNER will be doing the work on my car nor will they ever.. I can assure you my car will never see another shop or have a nut turned by another wrench and hand but my own.

I just want the fastest turn around time to get my parts.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Out or curiousity which kit from TE where u trying to get? Or was it more just parts and piecing together what you want?

·
Registered
323 Posts
kuuligan said:
I believe kean has all the hard parts in stock for the boost logic kit

as far as EMS, get a used one somewhere and fly justin down to calif :)
Good suggestion. You can buy the BL hard parts and get the emanage with the conditioner ECU from [email protected]

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking of Getting either the S1 kit from TE or the BL kit and doing my own EMS on it.. I dont need the black box from TE as I have my own made black box..

Regardless of what kit i get, I will get an EMS for both.. The BL kit will need one for sure, but the TE kit is optional unless using it for fine tunning..

I called TE today, they told me 2-3 weeks turnaround time to get me the parts..

Kuuligan says that BL has the hard parts in stock right now.. If that is the truth, I might go with it..

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
Kuuligan says that BL has the hard parts in stock right now.. If that is the truth, I might go with it..
as far as I know, kean ordered a bunch of is300 components while he was working on mine and VVTIS. I really do not know the holdup with Leo's kit.

I will call him tomorrow and pm you what i find out.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
BG-LEX said:
Good suggestion. You can buy the BL hard parts and get the emanage with the conditioner ECU from [email protected]
BL has taken the supra approach to the IS300 market. I havent talked to him in abit so i dont know his progress

1 - 20 of 46 Posts