Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to run Mobil 1 5W-30 in my Z28...whats the best to put in IS besides Royal Purple. That goes without saying, but is expensive as hell as you know.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I believe most of people here use Mobli-1. I personally used 5w-30.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Im sitting right at 98K so would you recommend 10W-30???
Here I found this at the Mobil 1 site:
When switching to Mobil 1 in higher mileage vehicles, we recommend an initial short (2,000 to 3,000 miles) oil change, both oil and filter. This will allow Mobil 1 to clean some of the engine deposits that have accumulated over time. Following this initial short oil change, continue with your normal oil change interval

·
Registered
141 Posts
mobil 1 10w-30 for life here.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I am a dealer and user of Amsoil. I run 0W-30 in my IS300 and I run 10W-40 in my turbo MR2. Great stuff, same for their transmission fluids.

-Joe

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Amsoil is some of the best, but that stuff is really hard for me to find... and it's usually even more expensive than RP =/

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
I believe most of people here use Mobli-1. I personally used 5w-30.
I've got a case of it sitting in my garage. Just need to find some time to change it.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
MOTUL is also popular...

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Im gonna do mines this weekend
Meeee tooo. Want to do mine? I'l supervise and supply beer, lots of it. Or just for you I'll even buy wine coolers.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
You guys are over parranoid with this oil brand type bullshit. I don't believe in spending anything more than what the Mobil 1 costs, especially that most of us here will change the damn oil every 5K mi, which is about 4K mi too soon from what the oil really is meant and designed to last until. I've been stretching it to 6K mi, because it's just waste of money changing it that soon. And I don't want to hear BS stories of how much you care about your engine and what this oil does for your engine. It's all marketing BS. The truth is even if you run Mobil 1 your engine will last as long as it would with any other synthetic oil out there. Shit running quality Dino, will give you the same results.

Fact is most of us will get new vehicles way before we would have any issues associated with lubrication and lack of it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts