Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can I get them??

anyone have them on???

I've been told I need 5mm spacers for my front stock rims to fit over my Rotora Big Brake Kit.....

H&R? any others?

thanks for any help or suggestions is much appreciated.... :chill:

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
keep in mind that if u get a thick spacer u might have to get new studs as well since there won't be enough threads for your lug nuts to grip onto to keep it safe. also...performance will be affected by it (in a negative way).

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
lilaznboi said:
keep in mind that if u get a thick spacer u might have to get new studs as well since there won't be enough threads for your lug nuts to grip onto to keep it safe. also...performance will be affected by it (in a negative way).
Correct, if you add spacers to clear you calipers, then most likely you end up changing the studs because you won't have enough threading on your stock studs. Or you can get new rims with enough offset to clear your calipers. I'm sure the spacer and studs will be alot cheaper :wink: . I know this from personal experience. My "old" wheels did not clear my Stop Techs, thus spacers where used. Well, it wasn't that simple. Not enought threading on stud to make sure your lugs are on tight and secure, so longer studs where swaped. Later on when you get wider and lower offset wheels, then you can clear big brake calipers without spacers plus your longer swapped studs will also fit with the new wheels.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
isman said:
lilaznboi said:
Correct, if you add spacers to clear you calipers, then most likely you end up changing the studs because you won't have enough threading on your stock studs. Or you can get new rims with enough offset to clear your calipers. I'm sure the spacer and studs will be alot cheaper :wink: . I know this from personal experience. My "old" wheels did not clear my Stop Techs, thus spacers where used. Well, it wasn't that simple. Not enought threading on stud to make sure your lugs are on tight and secure, so longer studs where swaped. Later on when you get wider and lower offset wheels, then you can clear big brake calipers without spacers plus your longer swapped studs will also fit with the new wheels.
I have stock rims with snow tires mounted, and thats my plan to put them back on....damn, this sounds like it might be more complicated then I thought....I wish I had a damn beater car to drive this winter dammit to hell! :pissed:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.