Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently pondering the purchase of a new suspension set up but I am not sold 100% yet. So here is where all of you come in on your opinions....

Let's start with what I have...

I currently have the EIbach pro kit paired with the Bilstein shock combo. I absolutely love the combo because of the ride quality and comfort. But I feel like I want to go lower! That is my 1 drawback.

What I am looking at...

I am currently looking at 2 set ups...

#1.) There is someone selling a used set of Apexi WS coilovers. Asking about $500 shipped for them. I've read good things about them and they seem like a pretty comfortable and smooth ride. My draw back...they are Used!

#2.) I have also been entertaining the possibility of purchasing the Megan Racing LP coilover kit. For the price they seem like an amazing deal! A few members have them and I have heard good things. My draw backs, are the too "cheap"? Meaning is $900 just looking for trouble in a coilover? And is the ride not comfortable? I don't drive my IS daily but when I do I don't want to be getting back and neck pains because my car is stiff as a board.

So that is where I am at...Help me out. If I decide to switch then I can use the money from my current set up towards the new set up which is a good thing. Help me out guys!

Stick with current, option #1, option #2?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I would say option 2 just because option 1 are used..

If you could find a set of used coilovers with LOW miles on them, then i'd trust it. Do you know how many miles are on the Apexi units?

Even so, you never know how they were driven on..

The last thing you want to run across after buying used coilovers is finding an old post from the guy saying how awesome it is to jump railroad tracks and get three feet off the ground with your "new" used coilovers.. LOL

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
option 2, megan racing are good coilovers, my friend has them, they were better than i expected, sure its megan racing but lately, i dunno megan racing is/has been coming out with some new products, they are "ok" in my book!
new coilovers ftw!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have heard that MR is made in the same place as Apexi (could be wrong) not sure but haven't see too many negative reviews

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
How old are your shocks?

If they are still good and you just want to go lower, why not consider the H&R springs. You'll get a little stiffer but the ride will still be nice...go to the Tire Rack to read the tests.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i don't get coilovers then I'm not switching anything out. i love the ride of the eibach/bilstein combo and would only sacrifice that for coilovers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts