Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Axis widetrack's first pic or R1 racing drifts. Both are going to be hyper black in color and 18 going on my ggp.

help me decide

thanks

Attachments

Reactions: stjarvis

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
r1 looks like piaa... you should jsut get the real piaas. are those the axxis that looks staggered but isnt? i think 19s look better imo

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
not crazy about either but i would say the R1

·
Registered
609 Posts
PIAA's !!!

They look nice on GGP, course I'm biased :bigSmile:

Ok, well I would either go for real PIAA's or get the Axis, not a look-a-like.

Just my .02

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
They're both equally sweet, IMO.

This thread might do better in the Wheels/Tires section, though.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
i would have to agree with everone else... if you like the R1 Drifts (whcih are knockoffs of the PIAA Super Rozzas) i say save up the little extra cash and get the real deal. The quality of product would be way much better and once you see those 18's on the car you will want 19s ;)

edit: FYI the Axis Widetrack's Maxis lip will not fit our offsets unless you shave down the rear caliper.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have seen the axis widetracks on a GGP, it was sick in my opinion. Looked real good. I dont think you can really go wrong either way.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I say Axis, not a fn of the many spokes either, just a cleaner look and im a fan of 19s also

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
OMG the R1's do look exactly like PIAA's +Rep I think I have found my next rim.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
They both suck pretty hard... -1 for knock-off wheels.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
I'm biased because I have the PIAAs but if the R1s are cheaper then I would go with them. But that's me.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I would say of those two, the Axis. I am a fan of fatter spokes. My .02

·
Registered
371 Posts
Axis, I have seen those in person and I think they look very nice. Stick with 18's because the lower tire profile and potential for poorer wheel quality on Axis 19's=bent wheels.

Personally, I don't know how any of you daily drive 19's with lower than a 40 profile tire. My teeth hurt just thinking about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
R1

Do not buy R1 rims for ur IS. the rear stacker rims doesnt fit the IS rear cuz of the offset and it will rub ur brake. i bought a set last year and they are not staggered in the rear. it is sitting in my garage right now, had to take it off cuz it snows where i live

1 - 20 of 27 Posts