Lexus IS Forum banner

Which one and where? pics

4K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  white_is 
#1 · (Edited)
first question. Is it safe to run a 225/40/18 size tire on a 18x8.5 inch wheel? is that stretching too much? just want a second opinion. Thanks.

What do you guys think on a MSM.

Gramlight 57s wheels

or Work Emotion XD9 wheels?

or work emotion cr kai's?

colors are silver/gunmetal/ or black.

Also if you know of any places that can beat ravspecs estimate of 1275 for the works and 1500 for the Gramlights let me know. thanks.

See less See more
#7 ·
I remember I had get a price quote for XT7 18 x 8.5 & 18 x 9.5 for the special color (W.M.B. which I got $1450 shipped and this W.M.B. color is a lot more expensive than the normal color) If I remember correctly, those normal color are $999 shipped. I quoted it back in Aug 2007. From GRUPPE-S

#12 ·
225/40/18 size tire on a 18x8.5 inch wheel is pushing it.
Very true........What's with the thin tires? I have 225s on my 7.5" front rims with 245s on the 8" rears. If you're gonna go with 8.5 put a little more meat on them. Just a suggestion though

#18 ·
I have 225/40/18 on my 18x8.5 wheels. It's a little stretched, but nowhere near as extreme as I've seen on other peoples. I wouldn't be able to fit a wider tire on mine, they would hit the suspension arm running along the top inside of the fronts. I don't think they look too stretched either, just look at any pics of my car and decide for yourself.

and I like the gramlights the best of those choices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.