Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first question. Is it safe to run a 225/40/18 size tire on a 18x8.5 inch wheel? is that stretching too much? just want a second opinion. Thanks.

What do you guys think on a MSM.

Gramlight 57s wheels

or Work Emotion XD9 wheels?

or work emotion cr kai's?

colors are silver/gunmetal/ or black.

Also if you know of any places that can beat ravspecs estimate of 1275 for the works and 1500 for the Gramlights let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
which one do you like?? Thats what matters, as far as the price I think I saw some in the for sale forum if you want to buy used

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which one do you like?? Thats what matters, as far as the price I think I saw some in the for sale forum if you want to buy used
well i like all three and they all bring different stuff to the table but seeing opinions and what not. Hoping for some possible pics and a good place to get them so it may really come down to price vs. looks as in all wheels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
does any one have the Work Emotion XD9 wheels on their IS? if yes please post...i heard that these wheels look a size smaller than what they are :suspiciou

·
Registered
241 Posts
tire rack has the gram lights 57s thats where i got mine
but i dont know of a place to get cheaper works
but i like the xd9's
imo i would go with those

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I remember I had get a price quote for XT7 18 x 8.5 & 18 x 9.5 for the special color (W.M.B. which I got $1450 shipped and this W.M.B. color is a lot more expensive than the normal color) If I remember correctly, those normal color are $999 shipped. I quoted it back in Aug 2007. From GRUPPE-S

·
Registered
48 Posts
225/40/18 size tire on a 18x8.5 inch wheel is pushing it.

I've got 18x8 wheels and I'm running 225/40/18 and the sidewall is streched.

Add another .5" might not work AND look funny. IMO.

·
Registered
254 Posts
225/40/18 size tire on a 18x8.5 inch wheel is pushing it.
Very true........What's with the thin tires? I have 225s on my 7.5" front rims with 245s on the 8" rears. If you're gonna go with 8.5 put a little more meat on them. Just a suggestion though

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
first question. Is it safe to run a 225/40/18 size tire on a 18x8.5 inch wheel? is that stretching too much? just want a second opinion. Thanks.

What do you guys think on a MSM.

Gramlight 57s wheels

or Work Emotion XD9 wheels?

or work emotion cr kai's?

colors are silver/gunmetal/ or black.

Also if you know of any places that can beat ravspecs estimate of 1275 for the works and 1500 for the Gramlights let me know. thanks.

225/40 will work, but since your going with 18" I would go with 235/40 to protect the lip a little more from potholes and other road crap.

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well for some reason i still rub a lil with 4 ppl in the car. So I will shave off a lil more I guess and go with a 235. Cause i test fitted one and yea.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was reading some bimmer forum, and I read that 225/40/18's will fit from 18x7.5 to 18x9 without compromising anything, except damage and neglect due to your own driving. haha. I'm going to do this as well.

·
Sofa King
4,826 Posts
I have 225/40/18 on my 18x8.5 wheels. It's a little stretched, but nowhere near as extreme as I've seen on other peoples. I wouldn't be able to fit a wider tire on mine, they would hit the suspension arm running along the top inside of the fronts. I don't think they look too stretched either, just look at any pics of my car and decide for yourself.

and I like the gramlights the best of those choices.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts