Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I know i have posted many questions regarding installing sub with stock HU, but hopefully this will be the last, so PLEASE help me out!!! THANKS!!!!

The reason is, I went to a local audio shop (Vancouver) and they refused to do any installs on my car, because they didn;t really know what they were doing.

Is there a specific brand LLC I should use?
And what amp and one or two 12 subs should i get for around 1000 dollars??? I want something LOUD!

PS: The shops here are so dumb that i have to explain to them so much shit....... so LLC is tapped into the rear speakers to get signal, and the amp is plugged into the LLC, and power, ground is plugged in like any other car right?

THANKS , and SORRY FOR THE LONG QUESTION. :)

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Sub setups:

- You could work out a JL 10W7 and a JL 500/1 for around a grand.... but the box would cost you a bit.

- For some great SQ and alot of volume.... run an Image Dynamics IDMAX D4 and a MTX 81000D running at 2ohms..... that'll be loud.

- 2 JL 10W3v2 12" subs and a JL 500/1 would hurt.

- For ultimate pound..... get an Adire Audio Brahma 12" and a Harrison Labs AE1600 sub amp.... you'd win comps.

Good Luck...

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Boodies said:
For ultimate pound..... get an Adire Audio Brahma 12" and a Harrison Labs AE1600 sub amp.... you'd win comps
comp winning sound for 1000 dollars???
A guy in my town has that exact setup.... he got it all for about $1050. He just hit 151.2dB in a local drag..... he won his division.... so yeah..... comp winning sound for $1000.

151.2 isn't much..... but it wins now and then.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yea you can win comps with a setup around 1000 bucks. My bro had one 15in Eclipse Ti with an audiobahn amp (forgot which one) and hit 150 dB easily. It just depends how you setup your system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
IS300_on_twankies
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing