Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my ICE lovin' bro's

Which are the preferred dash kits between these two... anything i should KNOW....?

& if one is preferred over the other... Why???

thanks folks...

·
8,880 Posts
Neither... :lol:
Get JDM Dash kit because it was made for our car.
The plastic is the same, unlike the other two.

Available at .Net store. 8)

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
The Scosche kit offers a closer to factory look and finish, but the Metra kit is more universal. The Metra kit allows din plus pocket, din plus have din, din plus din and double din.

·
8,803 Posts
I like the JDM kit, but i am doing 2 single din units, so i am going with the Metra....

·
8,880 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
I like the JDM kit, but i am doing 2 single din units, so i am going with the Metra....
FYI, JDM kit is a double din.
A pocket or a little custom work with the cover is needed for a single din use.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I have CF dash kit & am looking to get a custom piece made up for the new plate, i have no worries about the texture, matchability of the plastic,... so the metra gives you most options eh.... thanks i will consider that!................ what is a good price for the metra kit...??

·
8,803 Posts
My metra was like 20 bucks i think.....

I though the JDM kit was hard to get a double din in there...so i have heard.....

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
You guys didn't mention that if you have heated seats, you won't want to use the JDM kit; it has only 1 cutout, for the TRAC button. Your heated seat buttons won't fit anywhere.

·
8,880 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
You guys didn't mention that if you have heated seats, you won't want to use the JDM kit; it has only 1 cutout, for the TRAC button. Your heated seat buttons won't fit anywhere.
A little detail. :lol:
The Trac (Trac/Snow) button and driver heated seat button need to be moved. Left of the steering wheel is the perfect place. I've done it on both of my ISs.

·
Registered
667 Posts
vlad_a said:

I have the JDM kit, and the plastic is not the same, it's close but not quite the same.

·
8,880 Posts
rubley said:
vlad_a said:

I have the JDM kit, and the plastic is not the same, it's close but not quite the same.
Mine is absolutely the same. I am comparing to the piece that the trac, seat heater buttons are located at.
It is made from the same material too. If you tried working with it, such as drilling, it is as if it is made from plastic bags melted together.

·
Registered
667 Posts
vlad_a said:
rubley said:
vlad_a said:

Mine is absolutely the same. I am comparing to the piece that the trac, seat heater buttons are located at.
It is made from the same material too. If you tried working with it, such as drilling, it is as if it is made from plastic bags melted together.
Here's a picture I took when I was test fitting it

The color is not the same.

·
8,880 Posts
^^^^
You're right, it doesn't match the Climate control panel exactly, which is made by Delco. Could be the reason why.
But it does look so much better than the alternatives. 8)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Im going to be getting an in dash screen, so if I got any one of these it should work fine right? Any where else I can get the JDM dash kit?

·
8,880 Posts
turbonamja said:
Im going to be getting an in dash screen, so if I got any one of these it should work fine right? Any where else I can get the JDM dash kit?
Yes
.Net Store or PM Chin Kwan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts