Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering which one is the best short shifter kit and where can I get them for the lowest price. Also I wanted to know if installation is hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,965 Posts
rlee926 said:
also I was wondering if the PLP shortshifter makes sounds that are rreally that annoying
all shortshifter kits make sounds that are really that annoying (isn't really annoying)

as far as prices goes - shop around - see who has the best deals (not every price is set in stone when it comes to car tunners)

and I think the best kit is PHR (Powerhouse Racing)
the install doesn't take long and isn't hard.
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
23,688 Posts
The PLP is the best short shifter kit IMO. Its sounds awesome and looks awesome. Plus you can use the stock shift ball. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
Wino_II said:
The PLP is the best short shifter kit IMO. Its sounds awesome and looks awesome. Plus you can use the stock shift ball. 8)
He's right about that one, with the Powerhouse Racing Short Shifter you have to use a diffrent shift ball, but hey that might just be your bag :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,373 Posts
good decision, i have it as well with the jdm knob and i love the way it feels

there will be a whining noise when driving and when you shift, it will click into gear, that's all normal so don't worry about it

the install is pretty easy if you take your time, the directions are pretty straight forward too with the pictures they provide

enjoy your new short shifter
 

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
Joined
·
8,744 Posts
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love my PLP I'm never giving it up

yeah me too but mines as noisy as FOK!!! :x


Hey Obb.. .whassup with that B&M... is that a reality yet...?? do you have one??? i wanna see & better yet... HEAR it.... :wink:

lemme know
edward
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,031 Posts
edgy said:
yeah me too but mines as noisy as FOK!!! :x


Hey Obb.. .whassup with that B&M... is that a reality yet...?? do you have one??? i wanna see & better yet... HEAR it.... :wink:

lemme know
edward
I should have mine in soon. They just finished developing it and I should be one of the first to have it. You will surely be one of the first to see it at one of our "Valley Meets."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
TRD is also "developing" a quick shifter for the IS, but we all know that TRD and Development=Years :)
 

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
Joined
·
8,744 Posts
TRD is also "developing" a quick shifter for the IS, but we all know that TRD and Development=Years

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,435 Posts
JDM_SXE-10 said:
edgy said:
yeah me too but mines as noisy as FOK!!! :x


Hey Obb.. .whassup with that B&M... is that a reality yet...?? do you have one??? i wanna see & better yet... HEAR it.... :wink:

lemme know
edward
I should have mine in soon. They just finished developing it and I should be one of the first to have it. You will surely be one of the first to see it at one of our "Valley Meets."
Details please! How much shorter than stock? What % reduced throw? Can we use the stock ball?

Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top