Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my IS is completely stock, but I'm going to change that. I've had it just over a year now, so I'm getting that itch to start modding it. I just ordered the HKS Drager II exhaust, and I'd like to get an intake as well. Which one do you guys recomend? I was looking at injen, but I understand people have had problems with the CEL light coming on, and I don't want that.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Best intake but of course will be more money is the SRT, it has the most power gain out of the intakes for sale. Unless you go ahead and get injen or an aem and get an safc2 to stand for the sim that comes with the srt intake.
http://www.swiftracing.com/ - srt

·
Registered
416 Posts
If I had it to do over again, I'd probably save for the SRT. I have the Injen Gen 3 and am totally happy except the fact that I'm not sporting the best out there. My CEL did come on though but it was due to a kinked hose I think. Once I swapped it out w/ a longer hose and had the dealer do a reset... no problems since.

BTW... I just installed the Drager 2 Thursday night. Between the 2, the car sounds great but is a good bit louder. I had noticible gains w/ the intake but I can't really feel and difference in gains w/ the exhaust. But, it could be the gas prices that are keeping me off the gas between lights! ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Search

·
Registered
490 Posts
hey since this thread is about intakes...is there a replacement cone for a srt intake??? i know there is one but dont know the name of it

also right after this post im going to do search ;)

+rep for anyone that can help me

thankss

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
hirenjani said:
hey since this thread is about intakes...is there a replacement cone for a srt intake??? i know there is one but dont know the name of it

thankss
Any 3" cone filter will work

SRT sells the replacement AFE filters call MO

Or do www.froogle.com search for AFE

·
Registered
416 Posts
hirenjani said:

thankss

Well, I did a google search and a bunch of links came up but I'm at work and don't really have the time to read through.. Give that a shot!

But it seems like a filter is a filter right? As long as you can clamp it to the intake. Might try a K&N filter made for the IS...

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
alwa703 said:
Well, I did a google search and a bunch of links came up but I'm at work and don't really have the time to read through.. Give that a shot!

But it seems like a filter is a filter right? As long as you can clamp it to the intake. Might try a K&N filter made for the IS...
:lol:

Intakes need a UNIVERSAL not BRAND SPECIFIC filter

3"

Come on

AFE can be had from SRT just call and in a week will have it

·
Registered
416 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
:lol:

Intakes need a UNIVERSAL not BRAND SPECIFIC filter

3"

Come on

AFE can be had from SRT just call and in a week will have it

yeah... i guess the redicule is justified...... just trying to help a brotha out. but, by you saying it's not brand justified, does that mean you would put on one of those filters from a intake they sell at wal-mart? ;)

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
alwa703 said:
yeah... i guess the redicule is justified...... just trying to help a brotha out. but, by you saying it's not brand justified, does that mean you would put on one of those filters from a intake they sell at wal-mart? ;)

I would not use a walmart filter on my car :lol:

Brands I have used

AFE
K&N
APC (not on my IS)
Accel Cool Blue

There are others out there

AEM
INJEN
APEXI

So yes there are many 3" apps.

If the SRT came with a AFE, just get an AFE wished i had the PN for the one to look on Froogle.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
alwa703 said:
You can. I don't see why not.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
hirenjani said:
really any intake?? dont all the srt filters have like a little pipe going in the filter?

yes

and you relieze how easy that "nipple" is to take out and just insert into another filter?

·
Registered
238 Posts
ok here let me lay it out for u. if ur gonna be modding ur car ur prolly gonna get headers. OBX and toyomoto. i have toyomoto headers so i sacrifice low end torque for high end torque, so putting in an injen intake, not that it is bad you end up losing more low end torque so ur launch of the line will be less, so try to keep the stock air box and get either a joe-z(i have) or the plp intake. Both intakes r good, but if u want the biggest bang for ur buck its gonna have to go to SRT, 300 or so. the joe-z itself is 99 and the trd or k&N high flow filter is 50-70 so the joe is cheaper but ur not gonna get as much HP.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Aequitas said:
I was looking at injen, but I understand people have had problems with the CEL light coming on, and I don't want that.
Injen Gen3 does not throw CEL because of heat deflector that Injen finally figured out over three generations. Car will run fine with heat deflector

1 - 20 of 33 Posts