Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good intake with good hp and tq gains, sound isn't much of an issue, but something to consider nonetheless. My picks are the SRT HFI and the PLP silent flow. I want a distinct non-stock sound, but not too loud. Anyone either of these intakes got any feedback? Good Sound? Good Kick? Which would go better with a HKS Hiper for power gains?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the SRT and it sounds badass, its pretty loud at WOT, but power wise, I'm not sure if its worth 500 bucks. I raced peterc and he has a PLP intake, and we both have HIPER but mine is a manual and we were pretty much even. Pretty dissapointing if you ask me. Non the less most ppl were happy with both intakes. Its up to you, do you have the money to buy an expensive intake or do you want something similar to stock.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know the power gain on either? The ad at the PLP site sed 8.5 something like that. But i'm a little skeptical of that. The signs point for me to get the PLP (price, stealth look, possible adequate power gain), but if the SRT gives more power then I might want that. Was peterc's stick or e-shift? I have an e-shift. But which did you mean was disappointing?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
keep in mind the SRT requires you to make a minor mod (cut wire to splice) to the ECU which may void the warranty if the dealer catches you... ALthough the SRT is more "trick" i don't think the output versus the PLP warrants the cost.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
SRT reportedly gains up to 22whp with the ECU splice... If you get a header or whatever upgrades later, you will need an ECU upgrade, which costs $100.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Our memeber here "Edgy" ran a DYNO before his SRT and about two weeks later.... He only posted a 13rwhp gain.... So if $575 or so.. is worth 13 rwhp then go for it....

Or you can get the PLP or a custom intake with your choice of filter and most likely get 8-9 rwhp....

Your desicion , but keep in mind when you tape into your ECU, if anything major where to happen to your system and Lexus finds out that you had an aftermarket ECU, you can forget any warranties.....

-Joe Z :chill:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
irv_usc said:
Joe Z said:
Or you can get the PLP or a custom intake with your choice of filter and most likely get 8-9 rwhp....
:) That wasn't one of his choices :lol:
I just said "Custom" that was all..... 8) I also advised him to get the PLP too... :D :D :D

It all depends what kind taste & style you are looking for......

- Joe Z

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
if u are looking for HP gain and Sound, SRT will be ur top choice. however, if u don't have that much budget...just go with the PLP..it gives a pretty good dyno numbers.

TC_LexIS said:
I'm looking for a good intake with good hp and tq gains, sound isn't much of an issue, but something to consider nonetheless. My picks are the SRT HFI and the PLP silent flow. I want a distinct non-stock sound, but not too loud. Anyone either of these intakes got any feedback? Good Sound? Good Kick? Which would go better with a HKS Hiper for power gains?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Aubie83 said:
AEM Intake= BADASS!!! :D
Just curious??? Have you had any CEL issues/lights??

-Joe

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm, thx all. I think i might go for the PLP, i dont wanna spend too much or have to deal with any big warranty issues so PLP sounds like a better choice. a difference in 3hp isn't worth the extra $200 something.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
yeah nice choice, i am sure u will enjoy it alot, but i think some of us spent another extra 200 bucks just to get and enjoy the sound of the SRT intake.

TC_LexIS said:
Hmm, thx all. I think i might go for the PLP, i dont wanna spend too much or have to deal with any big warranty issues so PLP sounds like a better choice. a difference in 3hp isn't worth the extra $200 something.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
19 Participants
Chan
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing