Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find headers for a 2002, but at the same time need to be able to squeak by an emissions test. Does anyone have any suggstions? I have heard people talk about the Toyomoto headers and some other ones...but I am looking for the best available that will still give me a passing grade at the test center.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The header removes your cat and precat. I don't think theres anyway you could still pass emissions, if I'm wrong someone chime in.

The IS300 exhaust is very restrictive, replacing it with a high flowing system will give nice horsepower gains, but of course there are side effects for the "environmentaly concerned" folk or the Cali-challenged.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Toyomoto unit is a two piece design. If you opt to not use the B-pipe then you maintain the two primary cats. Not having to put up with emissions testing in Ohio I am not certain if this is enough to pass though. Oerhaps someone with experience in passing the tests can shed some more light on this.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
correction...if you don't use the Y-pipe (or what XERD calls the race pipe), the header part will take away the 2 pre-cats. The last cat is in the y-pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts