Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find headers for a 2002, but at the same time need to be able to squeak by an emissions test. Does anyone have any suggstions? I have heard people talk about the Toyomoto headers and some other ones...but I am looking for the best available that will still give me a passing grade at the test center.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The header removes your cat and precat. I don't think theres anyway you could still pass emissions, if I'm wrong someone chime in.

The IS300 exhaust is very restrictive, replacing it with a high flowing system will give nice horsepower gains, but of course there are side effects for the "environmentaly concerned" folk or the Cali-challenged.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Toyomoto unit is a two piece design. If you opt to not use the B-pipe then you maintain the two primary cats. Not having to put up with emissions testing in Ohio I am not certain if this is enough to pass though. Oerhaps someone with experience in passing the tests can shed some more light on this.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
correction...if you don't use the Y-pipe (or what XERD calls the race pipe), the header part will take away the 2 pre-cats. The last cat is in the y-pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing