Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i wanted to go with H.I.D fogs and i have an 05 is so i order up the H3 kit pay for it should be here by the end of the week... then i pull my fogs out cause i wanted to black out the housing and realize there are 9006 bulbs in there i know the car was in an accident before maybe they replced the fogs with an older models? or do will the h3's fit in the 9006 spot as well? help a brother out thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
i think the h3 bulb is totally seperate from a 9006 bulb. you can try to sell the kit on here and lsoe a few bucks and get a new 9006 hit kid at hidextra.com.

they're a sponser of clublexus forums so check them out. they have discount codes so the hid kit ends up only being like $55.

also, try DDM. they're on bimmer forums too.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Definitely won't fit. The bases are polar opposites.

Send them back and get the right ones.

H3 uses a spring type clip to hold the base.

9006 twist lock

Digger08

·
Registered
202 Posts
wont fit, i will vouch for some REALLY cheap ones i got off ebay ended up being 39.00 flat shipped, they charge like 6.99 buy it now and 32 for second day shipping, im actually stunned that there so nice considering its the whole conversion kit you get with it, i bought 6,000k d2r for low beam and 8,000k i believe 9005 size for the high beams, everything was a direct hook up and had them in for about 3 weeks now with no problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.