Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a PnP Harness for my EMU from Boomslang Fabrication - Wire Harnesses for Fine Automobiles and i've ran into some confusion...

They offer the EMU Harness for the IS300 02+ with the following options:

Ultimate (air&water input)
Ultimate (knock&water input)
Ultimate (knock&air input)
Ultimate (Dual Knock Input)

Out of the four listed above, which is the one I need for my 02 IS?

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Ultimate (air&water input) is what I have. I am not sure how well the emanage responds to the stock knock sensors so i will probably leave the stock ecu to counter knock.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Jumper is just an extension harness. You would still have to wire the emu, except you will splice into the jumper harness and not your stock harness. Unless you don't want to do that, you can pay the $319 and get the plug n play harness.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
James is it? Its been a while.... but you wouldnt happen to know of any tuning threads for the EMU would you? I think I still have that base map you sent me.... but now I have some more mods :D

HKS, Cam Gear, SRT Intake +RECU, Mazzuri, and Dragger II.......

I need to learn how to manage the emu.... got any direction for me??

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
James is it? Its been a while.... but you wouldnt happen to know of any tuning threads for the EMU would you? I think I still have that base map you sent me.... but now I have some more mods :D

HKS, Cam Gear, SRT Intake +RECU, Mazzuri, and Dragger II.......

I need to learn how to manage the emu.... got any direction for me??
Honestly just play with it. If you want to use the emu and take out the srt Recu, I can send you another base map that will allow you to get it started and running. Note: to tune the car at part throttle with the emanage and srt (no recu) will require you to tune on the street and NOT the dyno. You do not need a wideband to tune on at part throttle either, the stock O2 sensors are better in this regard.
WOT of course will be good on a dyno especially if you do not have a wideband.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly just play with it. If you want to use the emu and take out the srt Recu, I can send you another base map that will allow you to get it started and running. Note: to tune the car at part throttle with the emanage and srt (no recu) will require you to tune on the street and NOT the dyno. You do not need a wideband to tune on at part throttle either, the stock O2 sensors are better in this regard.
WOT of course will be good on a dyno especially if you do not have a wideband.

That basemap would be helpfull! Now, when you say play with it... to me the emu program just looks like an excel sheet with numbers on it.... I would know where to begin :(

[email protected]

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm also looking for the PNP harness for the emanage ultimate. Doesn't the IS store sell 1 for $250.00 for the 2001? And will this avoid the ecu 'relearning' issue ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts