Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help on which coilovers to purchase. Its my daily driver and ride comfort is important . i will not be tracking the car. Just want it to look aggressive but not slammed. Just looking for the best bang for my buck. It is currently stock suspension and wheels. Will be switching the wheels as well. Any suggestions Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
A really good entry level coil are the tein basics. You have to reuse your tophats but they will give you ride height adjustment and be on the softer side for spring rates.If you dont plan to track and dont need the dampening adjustments its a good value. Cost is about 450 or around that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
BC Racing user here in my daily drive.

Comfy & highly recommended. This is my second set. My first set I bought is in my SW20 MR2.

·
Registered
97 Posts
+1 on the BC's. I just installed a set w/ 12k/10k Swift springs the other day and the ride feels like a factory setup. I can see how some people feel this setup is too soft, but for a daily driver I think it's perfect and I haven't even played around with the damper adjustments yet, they are still at the factory settings (22 clicks from full soft).

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
A really good entry level coil are the tein basics. You have to reuse your tophats but they will give you ride height adjustment and be on the softer side for spring rates.If you dont plan to track and dont need the dampening adjustments its a good value. Cost is about 450 or around that.
that's a great price for what it's meant for. that's like the price of a rebuild. just get new basics instead when the time comes

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can't go wrong with that choice! Nice to see people doing it right the first time. Love my BCs ever time (14/12 rates)
I have BC's on my 300zx and have no complaints. I think im going to go with Fortune Auto on the IS when the time comes. I've heard really good things about them and since they are hand built to order their customer service is really good. Plus they are an hour and a half from me. Come on Black Friday!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have BC's on my 300zx and have no complaints. I think im going to go with Fortune Auto on the IS when the time comes. I've heard really good things about them and since they are hand built to order their customer service is really good. Plus they are an hour and a half from me. Come on Black Friday!
hahaha nice I went feal for the same reason and got them on black Friday

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would recommend my setup for me. lol. It just depends on everything.
im going for a street car with a clean stance with minimal camber , and my roads arent that bad where i am. although there are some fun curvy roads i want to really push my suspension with in its limits and not suffer from a soft ride / harsh ride. pretty much i want to go as stiff as anyone can recommend for a street car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have 12/10 and my wife didn't even notice that I installed the coilovers lol. They are very streetable and feel like a factory-tuned sport suspension.

·
Mr. Roo
9,299 Posts
im going for a street car with a clean stance with minimal camber , and my roads arent that bad where i am. although there are some fun curvy roads i want to really push my suspension with in its limits and not suffer from a soft ride / harsh ride. pretty much i want to go as stiff as anyone can recommend for a street car.
well, my setup works perfectly for me and is perfectly streetable. But I think everyone ends up loving what they go with. I've also got sway bars on though, I did them all at the same time

1 - 20 of 29 Posts