Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, keeping in mind that I love the IS...

If I had a budget of around $20k, which car should I get? I know theres the celicas and integras, but what other suggestions do you guys have?

·
Registered
81 Posts
RSX feels like a civic coupe, and that's what it is really.......

I have very bad experience with the Acura dealers. Their services sucks big time... I don't think their quality is that good either... Oh, and I am not a biased IS owner. I drive an Acura. I heard lots good thing about the quality of Acura, but can't believe that it sucked after I got my car. maybe I got a lemon, but who knows......

The bottomline is that I will NEVER buy an Acura again... I love my car as the way it is, now, but no more Acuras after that....

I would consider leasing in your case......

·
Registered
221 Posts
I too have had bad experiences with Acura service. When I took my Legend in, they stole my radar detector, and tried to drive my car into the garage while the door was coming down. They completely scratched the lower half of my hood, didn't wash my car because of this. And then they tried to blame it on me, telling me that I did the garage thing when I live at an apartment w/o a garage. Nor do I know anyone with a garage. I finally got them to repaint my hood after threatening to report them and my supervisor came to the dealership with me. I guess because I'm young they thought they could push me around.

Anyone in Oklahoma...Never go to Bob Howard Acura(not like anyone would anyway since most have a Lexus
)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Humm .. well, the area your in (San Fran) I can tell there is a lot of Honda's and Acuras around .. so I would say go for a Celica, I'm really enjoying seeing them around, there really a nice looking car .. But if you like Hondas and don't mind that a lot of other drivers have them I would go for a Civic ..

------------------
******CAR FOR SALE IN BAY AREA********

1985 Corvette, Black, 61,000 Miles on it. New Rims, Tires ..

Great car, and looks GREAT!

Asking price **PRICE DROP** 9,000 is the NEW asking price.
Contact me on this board or at [email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
well as you can tell i'm impartial to german engineering. go for the golf/jetta/gti with 1.8t engines- very easily tunable, and its great. of course the scoobies are great too but for the wrx you're looking at mid 20's, and the new models *2001's* look like hyundais!
forgot to mention- with my audi i avg 23mpg (city/highway) and in my passat i avg 26mpg(again city/highway) for the golf/gti/jetta its a higher avg due to weight difference. and no i don't drive like my grandparents=).

[This message has been edited by A41.8TQMSPASSAT1.8T (edited February 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was in the same situation with you, I was comparing between a 330ci and IS300. Both again are great cars. However, Lexus custom services win my heart. I will be getting a 2002 IS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
Kel3
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing