Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so theres multiple threads on tires sizes but no one really covers which brands do better or worse. so thats basically my quesion :)
which brands out there are good for the money? im not talking about ultra super high performance tires but nice performance tires that last atleast a year or so directional or not thou i know most performance tires are directional. but since everyone is so into size... im thinking about 225/40/18"

so...
Nitto Neo gens?
Coppers? don't know model numbers... the shop i've been going to is suggesting coopers! they swear by it might even get a deal if i use these.
Falcon Azenias (sp?)
Sumitomos?
basically im looking for tires in the $150-$250 range so if anyone has experience with good decent performance tires for 18" wheels that be great! :)

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Falken ST-115's are good in that size. Quiet, grip well, and not too expensive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just bought four BF Goodrich G-Force Sport tires in 215/45/17. The local shop also filled all of them up with nitrogen instead of air for an additional $2.50 per tire. I've been extremely pleased with 'em. Not too loud and excellent grip.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Falken FK-451 is a great max traction summer tire at a good price point and good treadwear.

The ST-115's are a great all around tire.

Reactions: Yogi_TRD

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
im getting a set of the Avon MT500 A/S, will tell you guys how they are. 225/45/17's.

·
Back road boosting
3,517 Posts
I have Fuzion ZRi's on my 19's and have had great luck with them except when one of them got a nail in it. :(

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i have falkens, they were inexpensive and they stick to the road well.....although they dont last very long

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
BrandonTirerack said:
Go with the Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S for $130 a tire.
Good tire, but they tramline quite a bit for a front tire.

Great as a back tire.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
TeCKis300 said:
Falken FK-451 is a great max traction summer tire at a good price point and good treadwear.

The ST-115's are a great all around tire.

I thought the ST115s were summer tires

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
BFG TaKDW II's.

around 160 for 18's.
Yo i got them. They are nice. Great treadwear and grip. Badass tread pattern.

great info brandon!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm... more then one guy with these eh? well seems decent from the tirerack site...
hows the noise level? do they do well in wet conditions? etc...
might jus go with these or Goodyer eagle f1 gs-d3 tires... or jus maybe some cheaper tires... need more info basically before i actually go and get some.
oh how does the sidewall look? ya know what i mean... some tires make the rims look really big and some make em look sexy :) not that it would make my decision any different really. :)

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I have Toyo Proxes4 ---> awesome tire, great in the dry and wet.
They are quiet and have great tread life. (Great price also.)

j

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Right now I'm running Falken GRB 451s.....so far so good. :)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
for all seasons, I wouls recommend toyo proxes 4's, great quailty for the money but the treadwear is a little low compared to others....but thats with all toyo tires. they got great grip and these arnt to noisy.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Gray Rider said:
Right now I'm running Falken GRB 451s.....so far so good. :)
I have those right now too :) ....but they are for the summer only, im guessing he will be using these tires in the winter?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heck im in Hawaii... its always summer here! :lol:

right now im inbewteen...
Goodyear eagle f1 gs d3,
BFgoodrich g force sport,
BGgoodrich g force t/a kdw2
bridgestone potenza re750

or maybe falcon azenis 115 & Nitto neogens or something.

i really dig the goodyears but might be costly since im in hawaii
the next 3 i can get a costco for a decent price the remainder of the wheels are jus my last resorts if i cant get anything else at a decent price.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts