Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I really don't like the idea of adding a S/C or a T/C to the 2JZGE. Now, this isn’t a thread about why this or why that, I have my mind set on a 1JZGTE. I don't really mind staying auto either.

Now, that said, which clip is best for me, as far as easIER to drop in. I know major custom work regardless, but that aside, oil pan location, whatever whatever, from which car should I get the clip from?

I'm probably going to go stand alone @ the same time to simplify things, can a standalone run vvti? Id really like to have the vvti single turbo 1jz.

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JaysonMFK said:
haha leave it to an 89 supra owner to be dead set on a 1j =) good luck in your project
hahaha, good eye. well, produce a good and affordable 2jzge kit and maybe ill change my mind? Doubtful though, you know how hard headed we MKIII owners are.. ;)

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
i think it mite be better to use the 2jz-gte from the Aristo cuz it uses e-shift just like the IS

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
So what kind of electronics would you use? can you just splice into the oem dash harness to have everything working correctly?

I'd be interested in a write up if you went ahead with the swap....

I might check to see how much I can get them for... if anyone is interested??

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
TeckniX said:
So what kind of electronics would you use? can you just splice into the oem dash harness to have everything working correctly?

I'd be interested in a write up if you went ahead with the swap....

I might check to see how much I can get them for... if anyone is interested??

I'd be interested

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Juztinvez said:
why not just use the head from a 1jz? and run stand alone
The block is a bit stronger as well. Forged internals. A few other reasons as well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I used a 1J, non VVti, VVTi can be used, but the electrics are mor complicated, a custom sump, custom mounts, ar the only things custom, you have to add a fuel return line, I run a Haltech ECU, for finer tuning.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
KOFFEE-BLACK said:
I used a 1J, non VVti, VVTi can be used, but the electrics are mor complicated, a custom sump, custom mounts, ar the only things custom, you have to add a fuel return line, I run a Haltech ECU, for finer tuning.
Was yours a manual swap too? I'd like to know how the 1JZ tranny bolts on. BTW what IS the 1JZ tranny? Is it an R154 or what? W56 with different bell housing?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joecrappa said:
Was yours a manual swap too? I'd like to know how the 1JZ tranny bolts on. BTW what IS the 1JZ tranny? Is it an R154 or what? W56 with different bell housing?
R154
---
Thanks KOFFEE-BLACK, thats what I needed to know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KOFFEE-BLACK said:
On second thought, where did you get these custom items made?

·
Registered
596 Posts
They were all built in house. I used a W58 from the NA JZA80, this bolts right up to the 1J, an R154 (Original 1J box) would be idea, but is rarer, and MUCH more exp.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KOFFEE-BLACK said:
They were all built in house. I used a W58 from the NA JZA80, this bolts right up to the 1J, an R154 (Original 1J box) would be idea, but is rarer, and MUCH more exp.
Hook it up brotha, I want, I want

1 - 20 of 22 Posts