Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I'm getting a system. In my last car, I had wires everywhere. I want everything to be cleaned and hidden in the IS. So my question is where do you wire the power wire to the engine bay and where would you run the wire thru towards the trunk? Also, where do you put the ground wire. And can stock head unit be used with a aftermarket amp?

This is my sub/amp combo:
Alpine MRD-M605
Alpine SWR-1242D

·
Registered
178 Posts
DO A SEARCH, I did the exact thing, really quick, run power wire from battery through rubber grommet below battery, poke a small hole (this was the most difficult part for me) through passenger kick panel and through door/floor panel along passenger side, just pops up pretty easy, there is a 3" diameter hole behind the rear passenger seat, where someones lower back would be, plenty of room to run any wires, yes you can run this with the factory deck, just tap off the sub of the rear speakers, get a LLC if your amp does not have line-in inputs (mine did), search for the rest, or PM if you have more ?'s

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Mr.Pham said:
Okay, I'm getting a system. In my last car, I had wires everywhere. I want everything to be cleaned and hidden in the IS. So my question is where do you wire the power wire to the engine bay and where would you run the wire thru towards the trunk? Also, where do you put the ground wire. And can stock head unit be used with a aftermarket amp?

This is my sub/amp combo:
Alpine MRD-M605
Alpine SWR-1242D
You can run the power wire through the afore mentioned grommet behind the battery, or if you drive an auto, you can drill a hole where the clutch would normally go. You can go down either side with the wire, depends on what entrance you choose. With the ground wire, what I did was drill a hole in the floor right above where the exhaust is, and ran a bolt through. And you can use the factory radio, you will just need a line level converter. The speaker leads are accessible at the factory amp, which is just to the right of the glove box. Or if you can get at the speaker leads of the rear speakers in the trunk, that would work too. Just make sure the polarity is correct, as a mismatch would yield funny sounding results..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts