Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any websites to purchase an L-Tuned replica rear (possibly in ABS Plastic) for a low price? I know there's one for sale in the Buy/sell forum, but that person isn't shipping.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't mind fiberglass either so please show me the way to some websites that would possibly sell them. Found a couple of shops out here in my area, but they want me to purchase the whole replica set.

·
Registered
235 Posts
What kinda of fitment does the VIS (L-tuned replica) kit have? Quality of materials?

The price difference between the Carson kit and VIS kit is ridiculous.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
You know the old saying.... "you get what you pay for"

Reactions: nigellllll

·
Registered
235 Posts
You know the old saying.... "you get what you pay for"
Trust me, I know. On my SVT, I install nothing but the quality aftermarket parts. No rip off junk. It's not worth the trouble to save the money upfront, just to spend it again later fixing or replacing.

That said, I know I'm going with a Carson front, and possibly rear but I'd like some feedback on other brands. After searching around here it sounds like the VIS skirts fit just fine and quality is pretty good.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Trust me, I know. On my SVT, I install nothing but the quality aftermarket parts. No rip off junk. It's not worth the trouble to save the money upfront, just to spend it again later fixing or replacing.

That said, I know I'm going with a Carson front, and possibly rear but I'd like some feedback on other brands. After searching around here it sounds like the VIS skirts fit just fine and quality is pretty good.
I just called Luis at Carson to pre-order the front and fogs but I was shocked at the shipping. Since it's an oversized container, it has to go freight which for me will cost $220 to a business. Yikes!

thanks pal

·
Registered
827 Posts
wow!^ shipping is crazy

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
I could specify UPS or FedEx but if it gets damaged then I would have to wait for another shipment. It's just whacked!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
$220 is CHEAP!
If you ship a bumper via UPS, Fedex or DHL will easily cost you $3xx
BTW, how much is the Carson Front and Fog?

Reactions: Mayo

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Really? Thanks for the info. Luis gave me a great deal: $850 plus shipping. I am going to call him back and see if we can't do all this for $1000 shipped. + rep

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow! That would be a crazy good deal. Good luck!

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Thanks Tony. I'm still mulling this over. There are already two orders ahead of me so I will make a decision soon. Best wishes on your search.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I really didnt want to spend that much reason why I posted this thread for cheaper alternatives, but Ive been convinced to just order the Carson Tuned. I'll probably stop by Carson Toyota to make an order this weekend.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
I think you made a wise decision. At least you'll save on shipping. ;)

·
Registered
827 Posts
im glad you chose carson tuned much higher quality

1 - 17 of 17 Posts