Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting the Hotchkis sways, but I am clueless about installing them. I'd rather have a professional do it and not worry that I messed something up.

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to install these, and recommend a good shop in San Francisco?

Thanks!

PS. What about adding the front strut bar? Would that make a huge difference with the sways?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
sorry i dont know anywhere in SF

its really easy though you could do it yourself...really
just loosen then tighten some screws and thats it
sways make a lot more difference than just the front strut bar

·
Registered
214 Posts
Do it yourself!

You can get intimate with your car, I swear, its a relationship isnt it???

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
i installed mine with a buddy.......use the tutorial and you'll be fine......

you can go to M motorsports in San Bruno to have them install it........

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
hoss said:
sorry, i don't have a shop as i installed mine in my garage (easy). here's the install info:

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6&cid=7

or come out to livermore and i'll do it. :lol:

regarding strut bars, they definitely work (at least plp). but, try sways first and see what you think.
hoss, you ever see my car around? i'm in livermore almost every weekend.....(i go to my friends house off of First Street- i'm also at Canton Village alot too).... :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hoss said:
sorry, i don't have a shop as i installed mine in my garage (easy). here's the install info:

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6&cid=7

or come out to livermore and i'll do it. :lol:

quote]

I just might take you up on that offer!

I know, I should do it myself...but I don't have jack stands or a driveway/garage. I'll give M motorsports a call.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

·
Registered
444 Posts
1NewLexIS300- i've never seen you! i swear, i've seen about 5 IS's here in livermore over the past 2 years. well, maybe a couple more but the ones i see are always stock. i'd just about die if i saw yours. nice! it's cool though, at least i'm not rolling up to every stoplight with 3 other IS's. :wink: i'll have to check your ride out sometime. we need to get another drive/meet going...

and qtopplings, the sway install shouldn't cost too much and shouldn't be difficult. i know how it is when you don't have the right tools/work environment. you can always buy the tools but buying a garage is a little different!

congrats on your new sways. best bang for the buck...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts