Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

I'm probably going to end up getting an AVIC-D3 and was just wondering where exactly I could get the JDM double DIN dash kit? I refuse to order from the my.is store because of a bad experience earlier so any tips would be great.

By the way, I've already checked l-tunedparts.com w/ no luck :(

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
i got mine from l-tuned. $40.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
you have to customize it yourself, the jdm kit has room for ONE slot.
do you have a auto? or manual?
if you have a auto, you can keep the passenger heated seat button on the dash kit, and the driverside you can relocate where those change holder things are to the left of the steering wheel
just a idea.

·
Maverick
1,511 Posts
Does the JDM kit have a place for the heated seat buttons or do you have to customize it yourself?
I got my JDM kit from Carson Toyota.

I kept my traction buttons on the JDM kit, and the heated seats I relocated to the change holders, just left of the steering columns.

Mik

·
Registered
641 Posts
I got my JDM kit from Carson Toyota.

I kept my traction buttons on the JDM kit, and the heated seats I relocated to the change holders, just left of the steering columns.

Mik
Whats the best kit that would keep the heated seat buttons in the same place? Some car place installed my double din so Im not sure what kit they used.(looks kinda cheap though, not the smooth stock material on the IS Dash).Any idea where I can find the Carbon Fiber Double Din piece by itself.(Ill give a good amount of cash to anyone who can find it and ship me this piece:chill:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Nigel has one for sale in the For Sale threads.

·
Registered
48 Posts
another idea

ck out american international they carry kits like metra but more of factory look and you can get pretty damn flushed with it i dunno know if they have pics of the kit but stereo retailers have them to and its all iso mount

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the d3 and bought the kit as well... because like you, I wanted it to look oem and flushed. Unfortunately, the d3 is a little bit smaller and you are going to end up with extra space or gaps around it.... if you don't mind that, then it is the next best thing after a custom kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts