Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on ARP's website and browsed through their application catalog but couldn't find anything for the IS300. Anyone know the part # for their head studs or know where I can get a set cheap? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
hchan said:
I've been on ARP's website and browsed through their application catalog but couldn't find anything for the IS300. Anyone know the part # for their head studs or know where I can get a set cheap? Thanks!
I'd say PHR is a good bet. They're listed on the engine-parts page.
http://www.powerhouseracing.com/is300_eng.shtml

Hours: Monday thru Friday, 10AM to 7PM Central Standard Time
[email protected]
(817) 529-4800

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
this may be a dumb question but are the arp studs the same for a ge block and gte block? on an IS head.
I think length would be the only possible issue.

I'll be calling PHR tomorrow and asking about this. If it works I'll be ordering the set.

Now I need to find somebody that sells a spacer headgasket!

Peter won't answer the damn phone they're so freakin busy! AGHHHH~!!

Kane

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Kanine21 said:
IS3FINALLYmd said:
this may be a dumb question but are the arp studs the same for a ge block and gte block? on an IS head.

I'll be calling PHR tomorrow and asking about this. If it works I'll be ordering the set.

Kane
Sorry Kane I got thru to Ryan today and by the time I hung up I forgot to tell him to give you a call. Best thing is to leave Ryan a message cuz Peter's been so busy trying to get all those cars done and out of his shop.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Ahhh cool, thx Alex.

Got the exhaust and wideband today. Will need wiring instructions, and they forgot the clamp for the exhaust also.

I'll blow up their phone tomorrow, haha...

Kane

DL said:
Kanine21 said:
IS3FINALLYmd said:

Kane
Sorry Kane I got thru to Ryan today and by the time I hung up I forgot to tell him to give you a call. Best thing is to leave Ryan a message cuz Peter's been so busy trying to get all those cars done and out of his shop.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
hchan said:
Henry..... Try calling ARP to confirm but... I am almost positive you can use any 2JZ set. Try Titanmotorsports or a big Supra Tuner Shop.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bk9 said:
hchan said:
I'd say PHR is a good bet. They're listed on the engine-parts page.
http://www.powerhouseracing.com/is300_eng.shtml

Hours: Monday thru Friday, 10AM to 7PM Central Standard Time
[email protected]
(817) 529-4800
Ouch!!! $161 for head studs... DAUMN!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BigDaddyRich said:
hchan said:
Henry..... Try calling ARP to confirm but... I am almost positive you can use any 2JZ set. Try Titanmotorsports or a big Supra Tuner Shop.
Yea, I'm gonna try them later this afternoon. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Call Titan Motorsports..I got my APR head studs form them
-Matt

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
get head bolts, trying to put the head on, over the studs, when the motor is in the car is very very difficult, if not impossible

unless you have the capability to make over 800rwhp, you won't even be anywere close to needing the tensile strength of the stud/thread/nut combination, over the head bolt combination

-gte

hchan said:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I was thinking since the stock bolts would probably have to be discarded anyways if I remove the head I might as well put in some ARP head studs which are reuseable.

IS300GTE said:
get head bolts, trying to put the head on, over the studs, when the motor is in the car is very very difficult, if not impossible

unless you have the capability to make over 800rwhp, you won't even be anywere close to needing the tensile strength of the stud/thread/nut combination, over the head bolt combination

-gte

hchan said:

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
the arp head studs and bolts can be used a maximim of 4 times (in my experience), i would suggest buying head bolts because of the reasons i stated

-gte

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
PHR has them on their site, look above on this thread someone linked the page. Or give Peter/Ryan a call, I'm pretty sure they might have some or can get a hold of them for you, don't know about the cost though.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
you know you have to tighten these bolts every few months because they come lose from the power your making.

depending how much and how hard you drive that will determine how many times you have to tighten them

these bolts are made for racing applications and in racing, they are always fixing and tweaking away at the car.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
paluch2002 said:
you know you have to tighten these bolts every few months because they come lose from the power your making.

depending how much and how hard you drive that will determine how many times you have to tighten them

these bolts are made for racing applications and in racing, they are always fixing and tweaking away at the car.
Interesting, I've never heard bout that before. I always thought that you only have to retighten it again after a couple miles. You know just to make sure everything is tight.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts