Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001... i'm sorry but i don't wanna pay 1200+ for some freakin' fiberglass... anyone know any wholesalers of this kit? Or even better a manufacturer that sells direct? Thanks for any info you may have!

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
go to ebay and good luck cause your gonna spend way more then $1200 getting it to fit right.

Actually a $1200 widebody kit is pretty cheap one that fits correctly will run you upwards of $2000

Any body kit you get regardless of widebody or not is gonna cost you over $2000 after you get the kit, fitment and paint.

The IS isnt cheap to do anything to so you might as well get read to spend the money

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMPRIMIS said:
Say no to the POISON kit damn Hyundai copied kit :lol:
that isn't the only widebody kit though is it? I'm not sure i've seen the poison kit...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
well, even if you do find a wide body kit less than $1200, your still going to pay about the same for paint, and for it to be put on. the only way your going to spend $1200 or less is if ya find a cheap kit, and have a good friend who can hook ya up with a good, but, cheap paint job. the, you and whoever get to have the fun of putting it on. :lol:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't mind spending the money that's not the issue, I should have put it differently... I don't want to pay 1200 for crap... if it's quality then fine... but i haven't seen quality widebody kit yet... not something i wouldn't have to do some extra work to get proper fitment... which i don't mind doing... but if i have do anything other than have it installed/painted then i'm not willing to dish out more than 6-800 tops...

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Benjamminz_IS said:
that isn't the only widebody kit though is it? I'm not sure i've seen the poison kit...

Show me another :)

There are 2 I can think of

POISON
WALD

WALD is highly copied, but heard good things about some companies copies

POISON: RUN!

The Hyundai kit never fit right to begin with, tiburon owners were shelling out 1200 dollars plus for prep

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shit guess i better start making one from scratch then... haha.... riiiiight... no seriously... what's a good site for is300 kitz... maybe i should scrap the whole widebody thing... though i do really like it... i'm thinking maybe if i find the right kit, some of those CF fender flares wouldn't look bad...

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Benjamminz_IS said:
shit guess i better start making one from scratch then... haha.... riiiiight... no seriously... what's a good site for is300 kitz... maybe i should scrap the whole widebody thing... though i do really like it... i'm thinking maybe if i find the right kit, some of those CF fender flares wouldn't look bad...

Now flares:

Custom metal ones
WALD FLARES
RSPECS

Couple choices

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
the wrong tone said:
You could always find a reputable shop to cut and stretch your fenders.

Would rather make some metal flares 10 guage

rivet them and seal them on

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
if you really want a wide body kit..i am guessing for show?

i think it is best to find a shop to fabricate a one of a kind for you.
i haven't heard of a widebody out there that is a perfect bolt-on.

maybe someone here on .net has one that was a excellent fit..only time will tell =]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts