Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found out that the USDM is300 headers would interfer with the steering column, so now im stuck on finding where i can grab headers that will fit, as 99% of the aftermarket parts come from the US

·
Registered
959 Posts
I would be looking through the Aussie catalogs to see whats available there, i know Rage/Pacemaker used to make them but noticed they have disappeared off their latest catalog listings.

·
Registered
49 Posts
found out that the USDM is300 headers would interfer with the steering column, so now im stuck on finding where i can grab headers that will fit, as 99% of the aftermarket parts come from the US
Altezza's are a 4 cyl, 2 ltr car body type SXE10 and sometimes called a IS200.
Altezza's are beautiful cars, handle like a dream, getting expensive to buy and very hard to find unmodified, powered by the Beams motor which is very popular for track cars and kit based track cars (Lotus, Caterham etc).
There is another more common 2 ltr, 6cyl IS200 (GXE10).
A IS300 is a JCE10, (these cars are almost unheard of in Japan and therefore no a good place to source parts from), they have more torque, but not as good handling being front end heavy by 100 kg, with the bigger 6 cyl 2JZ and bigger gearbox.
All three of the above are obtainable and licenceable in Australia and New Zealand as the steering column is the same as the Japanese, being on the right hand side.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Altezza's are a 4 cyl, 2 ltr car body type SXE10 and sometimes called a IS200.
Altezza's are beautiful cars, handle like a dream, getting expensive to buy and very hard to find unmodified, powered by the Beams motor which is very popular for track cars and kit based track cars (Lotus, Caterham etc).
There is another more common 2 ltr, 6cyl IS200 (GXE10).
A IS300 is a JCE10, (these cars are almost unheard of in Japan and therefore no a good place to source parts from), they have more torque, but not as good handling being front end heavy by 100 kg, with the bigger 6 cyl 2JZ and bigger gearbox.
All three of the above are obtainable and licenceable in Australia and New Zealand as the steering column is the same as the Japanese, being on the right hand side.
Not quite, they are all Altezza's. Not exactly sure why Toyota decided not to release them under the Lexus brand in Japan like they did everywhere else.

The 2ltr 4 cyl are usually an RS200 variant and only in a sedan and come with either a 6 speed J160 manual or the same A650e trans as the 2J and Soarer 1UZ (but apparently (yet to be confirmed) with different springs in the solenoids and shift patterns). That option was only available in Japan, but was imported to NZ, Aussie, Ireland and some i think made it to the UK via Ireland.
The 2ltr 6cyl is the IS200 equivenent, came with the 6 speed J160 manual or the A340e auto, was available in the sedan and in the Gita wagon (Sportcross in the US) and is what they have in the UK and Europe as well.
The 3ltr 2J was in the JCE10 and JCE15 (4wd version) were only available in the Gita wagon (Sportcross), the JCE10 was only available with the A650e auto trans and the JCE15 only with the A340H auto trans.

Assuming you are in NZ? Did you try some of the wreckers like Toyotaz Galore? They sometimes have them come through, but not a lot. Otherwise try Rage/Pacemaker or a performance exhaust place, or even try the supra clubs as they would be common there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've seen a SXE10 with a A650e gearbox in it. When I seach japanese sites with "Altezza" for parts using the translater, it takes me to the SXE10. I thought the 15 at the end of the chassis number was for the wagon, I'm not sure which designation is for the 4WD ones. I could find out as a few people here have bought them and done a transplant into their cars, "a lot of work" they are not into forums much.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yes you are right, the SXE10 (RS200 4cyl) has the A650e trans. The GXE10 (6cyl) has the A340e.

Yeah the chassis numbers are a bit of an anomaly to me as well. I had a AS200 Gita before the AS300 i have now, the chassis on the AS200 was listed as a GXE10, this AS300 is listed as a JCE10.

Sorry, we are going off topic here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow did this thread go off track.....

did the original question ever get approached ?

Where to buy headers for a RHD 2JZ IS300?

Cheers

·
Registered
959 Posts
Where to buy headers for a RHD 2JZ IS300?
Youre in Aussie right? TBH you will most likely have best luck with a local supplier in Aussie making them, you can possibly find them 2nd hand now in Japan or possibly from the UK. If i was hunting a set from here in NZ i would be starting with the Aussie brands first or accepting i might need the exhaust shop to make some "adjustments". Not really that big of a deal, they custom fab a lot of exhausts anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts