Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i buy dual exhaust that is made for the is300. I have searched and found that remus and zee's makes them but where can u actually buy them? someone help me out

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
you got to have one custom made.

and i think that would be PURE RICE since the IS is an Inline 6, so the exhaut would be pure cosmetic

·
Registered
742 Posts
CharlieD06 said:

and i think that would be PURE RICE since the IS is an Inline 6, so the exhaut would be pure cosmetic
then why does the m3 have dual?

its possible

·
Registered
825 Posts
CharlieD06 said:

what about the Lexus GS300 ???

same motor as us, thats rice to?

comes rice from factory?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
mokujin101 said:
CharlieD06 said:

what about the Lexus GS300 ???

same motor as us, thats rice to?

comes rice from factory?
:lol: good one :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have you ever seen the M3 exhuast? It is actually one muffler sideways with the dual, dual tips. The trick is that the muffler is hidden , so it appears to ave twin mufflers. I think it would look good if it can be pulled off on the Lex, but I dont think there is enough room in the bumper.

As far as the GS300 goes, I have no idea what they are doing that for? ? ?

Peace,
Alex Vazquez

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
There is a huge difference between a TRUE dual exhaust and dual tips. The M3 has dual tips, and if you want duals on the IS you are going to have to have it custom made, AND you will have to get your bumper custom fabricated as well for a hole. Personally I dont think its RICE, but its not for the IS. I think duals are for the typical V8 american muscle car, and they happen to look good on the M3 IMO.

If it would have looked good on the IS, it would of come that way since they did it on the GS.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
the OLNY way to even consider this its to go custom.. two matched pipes running straight back from the lower header flange & carrying resonators & then they split off right at the rr suspension subframe one shooting left & the other flowing to the stock location...

I too think it would be BITCHIN & sound freaking awesome too with TRUE Dual Exh. running from the exh ports to teh muffler tips.... you should get more flow & more power with tuning etc!.

But the custom work required, flanges, tubes, locating hangars etc & all the updates to the left side of the rear to make a space for the muffler & then to modify the bumper to look properly done for the new additional tip etc will cost a bundle... but that is the way i want to go one day & IMO if you want duals going with a TRUE dual Exh setup is the ONLY WAY or you are just a ricey little poseur with a fake ass dual exh setup.... :roll:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
10secondIS said:
Mr.Is300 said:
Dual Exhaust=Heavier Car? :crazy:
maybe by about 10 or 15 pounds. i dont think thats going to shave any time off your 1/4 mile......... :lol:
Exactly. It's not going to help either. =P

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
WhiteLex03 said:
Doesn't that mean in having dual exhaust meaning hp's loss? Especially when the IS is an inline 6.

-Ringo
No, the GS300 has dual exhaust and produces 10 more hp at the crank. If you just get a POS pipe fabbed just for looks then yes, it can rob power.

·
Registered
903 Posts
wait, i agree it looks nice, but wht bout 2 l-sportline exhausts? and custom piped st8 from the headers, how much do you think thatd cost?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts