Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got in my first accident this morning :confused: . I was at a stop sign... a guy in front of me... red light (we were making a right) He starts moving... I look left t see if there's any cars coming, get my foot off the brake and... i run into him... when I heard the plastic bending (and breaking) i said "ohh sh|t". The guy just stopped in the corner :pissed: . It isn't that bad because I did not have speed. The front bumper is ruined (got damaged on the right side) and the upper frame (that is holding the light... light is fine though) is bent a bit. I think it can be bent back in place. I got the most damage because of the way I hit him.

I'll probably end up fixing the car myself. I already have everything I need, except for the front bumper. *2 months ago someone hit me in the back while the car was parked so I had to paint the rear bumper too.

What is the best place to buy a front bumper? I actually mean cheapest :rolleyes: . I tried to search the forum (and the sales forum) and it seems not to be working right now.

Should I go with an aftermarket bumper? What are the costs involved in doing that? And what would be the best route?

I figure if I fix the car myself the insurance will not go that high (the other guy's damage was just the rear bumper :pissed: ). What do you guys recommend? I have not been in any accident before, so any tips would help.

Thank you!

·
Registered
703 Posts
From a dealer they are about 300 something (if you do it go SportCross front bumper) and get the fogs as well

Or check on car-parts.com they have bumpers as well not too badly priced

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Brib3 said:
Can I get something aftermarket for that money?

Dunno just depends on what you are looking for Edgy has a bumper for sale

But if you got aftermarket front, then have to get the rest IMO :lol:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm... I thought there were some aftermarket bumpers that look good w/o "the rest" ;). I guess I'll try the search buton. Maybe it works now

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Brib3 said:
hmmm... I thought there were some aftermarket bumpers that look good w/o "the rest" ;). I guess I'll try the search buton. Maybe it works now
yeah if you like the abs plastic "type-r"

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Either way you're going to spend anywhere from 300 bucks. A brand new oem front bumper from the dealership will run you from 260-280. I just recently purchased one. Food for your thoughts, the Sport Cross bumper is about $30 cheaper then the sedan bumper.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had an accident too awhile back, found it extremely difficult to locate OEM bumpers. Found a place though near me that refurbishes cracked OEM bumpers for cheap, got a front/rear OEM for $275 or so, things came in perfect shape and were already prepped for paint.

Only needed the rear but since it was so cheap bought the front too, so now i have a C-West front just chillin. Anyways, work for a shipping company and can ship them too you pretty cheap if you want me to contact them.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
BTW I just looked it up and a bare front bumper (no markers, fogs, grill, etc) retails for $151.65 (unpainted) and $223.63 (sportcross/unpainted).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called all the Lexus dealerships and the cheapest I could find was $275 and I had to order it. Color is not important since I have a paint gun :D. Thanks! for the valuable info + rep

1 - 15 of 15 Posts