Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I'm kinda new to this but what is a good source to get power for a monitor? TIA.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
First I used the cigarette lighter. I just unplugged the two tab things and pressed my wires in there and replugged them back in. You get to it by pulling up on your buttons where the trac off go, that whole thing slides out, then you can pop up your center area around your stick or auto stick. Mines a manual. That way you can access the plug for the lighter. There's another post about how to do this I read a few days back. But later I just used the radio wires. I cut the rubber about half an inch wide and soldered my wires into that. Currently I have my dvd player, monitor and housing all powered by the radio wires.
This wiring diagram helped tremendously.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13348055

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks thedon. Got it to work now.
Right now, I'm working on changing my FM Modulator b/c I'm getting a lot of distortion. :pissed:

·
Registered
170 Posts
thedon said:
First I used the cigarette lighter. I just unplugged the two tab things and pressed my wires in there and replugged them back in. You get to it by pulling up on your buttons where the trac off go, that whole thing slides out, then you can pop up your center area around your stick or auto stick. Mines a manual. That way you can access the plug for the lighter. There's another post about how to do this I read a few days back. But later I just used the radio wires. I cut the rubber about half an inch wide and soldered my wires into that. Currently I have my dvd player, monitor and housing all powered by the radio wires.
why did u change from the cigarette lighter to the radio wires for power? you did sophies aux mod right? if u did, when u used the cigarette lighter to get power, did u get any engine noise from the speakers. thanks

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
c2kdb said:
thedon said:
why did u change from the cigarette lighter to the radio wires for power? you did sophies aux mod right? if u did, when u used the cigarette lighter to get power, did u get any engine noise from the speakers. thanks
I didn't do the aux mod but I read about it later. I switched when I went to hide my dvd player wires. So at first I had the monitor hidden to underneath the cig lighter, and the motor for the nav housing to the radio wires. So when i went to use those same radio wires for the dvd, all I had to do is take the ends of what I already used for the nav housing and split those to everything, nav housing, monitor, and dvd player.
I use a phony cassette for the sound and sometimes I hear the engine but thats only when whatever im listening to is recorded low. But most of the time its perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts