Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

New to the forum here! :p Just debadged my '08 IS350 today (I prefer a cleaner look)-- and was really bummed to find two small holes behind both the "LEXUS" and the "IS350" ... is there an easy way to fix this myself, or any suggestions on places in LA that can do it/how much?

I also want a good place that won't rip me off on some body work- got an estimate at Harry's Collision on La Brea... but I was referred there by Jim Falk so I figure I'm getting ripped- (this is out of pocket not insurance)....

Lastly- I am interested in "blacking" out all chrome on my car- (grill, front emblem, around the windows, etc) any suggestions on where I can get this done and if I should paint it or do vinyl?

Thanks!!

:)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

With your holes from the emblems, there's obviously no real easy way to fill them in. Here's a few threads from our neighbors that go into this discussion and what they did to fill em in.(to give you different ideas).

covering the holes under "GS350" - Club Lexus Forums
Planning on going badgeless.... - Club Lexus Forums
Emblem holes - Club Lexus Forums

As far as blacking out the chrome, a lot of members have had good results with using Plasti Dip, which is removable if needed. Check out this thread below.
http://my.is/forums/f221/diy-plastidip-grille-wheels-432569/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there! Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction to some threads! I feel like some get lost in the weave lol I'll take a look :)

Anyone know of good reputable but not super expensive body shop in LA?

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
You're welcome. Sorry i don't have a better answer, I've heard of using Bondo, plugs, etc....that's not a good way to go and i can tell you want it done right.

I would check the Regional forums(Cali forums) and ask those members. You'll get much better advise there on where might be a good shop in your area. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry if this topic has been rehashed, but is there a plug/pin behind the "L" logo badge, or just behind the IS200 and the Lexus badges? I have a family-crest badge that I want to put over the "L" logo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts