Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new IS300.net browser and there seem to be so much HATRED twards the BMW crowd? WHY??? I have a BMW and one of my best friends just bought a 03 Lsportline IS300 and I love his car !
I don't exactly know the history of this site and what has happened here with the BMW people but...
I have to agree with some people when they say that BMW owners seem to be a little "COCKY" but so are some IS300 owners?

CAN'T we just get along??? :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i have no idea why some IS300 owners hate BMW owners...

i personally love the BMWs...it was my second choice to the IS300...i didnt buy it because it was a tad too high :wink:
but once i see a M3 by me, i look like this :p

i guess the reason some is300 owners dont like BMW owners is because the IS300 competes with the 3 series of BMWs lineup
and from there...thats how it all started
OR
i dont know... im prolly smoking some ish :chill:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
you are gonna see that with any large community. Civic owners hate IS owners who hate Bimmer owners who hate benz owners who hate civics. Its just the way the world works. There are bad seeds out there that mess things up for everyone.

·
Registered
378 Posts
BUTRBALL12 said:
you are gonna see that with any large community. Civic owners hate IS owners who hate Bimmer owners who hate benz owners who hate civics. Its just the way the world works. There are bad seeds out there that mess things up for everyone.
word

G

·
i like bmws. i just don't like the pricks (who coincidentally, have no lives) that come from the bmw forums and troll this board.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
yeah when u get the bmw guys on here talking sh*t it just gets gay. i love bmws not hate form my unless started

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
blkmjk said:
I am a new IS300.net browser and there seem to be so much HATRED twards the BMW crowd? WHY??? I have a BMW and one of my best friends just bought a 03 Lsportline IS300 and I love his car !
I don't exactly know the history of this site and what has happened here with the BMW people but...
I have to agree with some people when they say that BMW owners seem to be a little "COCKY" but so are some IS300 owners?

CAN'T we just get along??? :roll: :wink:
I have no clue what you are talking about. If you go to most of the BMW forums, you probably see more BMW onwers (3-series) hating/dissing the IS. BTW, how can your buddy buy a '03 L-Sportline IS? L-Sportline isn't something you can buy at the dealer, it's all aftermarket.

·
Registered
325 Posts
the 2003 325i was my second choice, but still ended up getting an IS300. I don't know in the states, but in Australia the bmw dealers have some poor quality customer service.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Bimmers are so pretty in style especially M3s. The other night, I saw a late model 7 series rollin on 20s, OMG, I had to pick my eyes off of the floor! :lol:

But I was hooked when I first test drove the IS. And after hangin' out w/the MidAtl peeps and talking to several other netters makes it even more better! :wink:

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
It always has to be one bad seed that just ruins all the fun for everyone. I love BMW's, in fact I was going to buy a 5 Series to replace my wrecked IS, instead I went of a GS. Bimmers are great cars and so are Lexus/Toyota.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The IS is the underdog, 3series BMWs are like the civics of entry luxury model vehicles.

Besides, when dealing with amounts of cash in excess of 30k, owners will get defensive simply because no one wants to be known as an idiot for buying something less with the money they've spent.

To be honest, it doesn't even have to be 30k!

Video game geeks laugh at people for buying less than stellar quality hardware!....

·
Registered
138 Posts
i think that old saying applies here...

"it only takes a few to ruin it for the everyone else".

there are a few BMW owners out there that are total pricks. and people often judge the whole BMW community based on the actions of a few. same for IS300 owners, Integra owners, Civic owners, and so on.

there are a couple of BMW fanatics at my work, and they're pretty cool people. i like BMW cars too. i just wish they weren't so expensive. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess I might have been wrong...

I guess I was wrong in saying that a lot of IS owners hate BMW's and their owners. I didn't realize so many people liked BMW's that drive Lex.
My friend bought the Sportdesign not Lsportline.. My bad.
I have agree with some of you in saying that you would buy an IS over the BMW 325. I like the 325's but it's just not quick enough for me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.