Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of installing a transmission fluid temperature gauge and was wondering if anyone knows where the best place is to install the sender? Is there a quick and easy plug anywhere that I could use?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
I dunno but could you T off of a transmission fluid tube? I'm not sure what the sensor looks like.

But please post pics when you do.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump...anyone?

which line that goes to the trans fluid cooler in the radiator is the outlet from the transmission and what size hose is it? I hope it's a 3/8" cause I got a fitting for that.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Dead post!!! But I need to know this. Anybody have a answer?

·
Registered
942 Posts
DAG... i ended up going to the hardware store and buying a 1/2 T-fitting and two 1/2 hose fittings and put it on the "out" side of the trans cooler lines next to the radiator.

Here are some crapy pics. The best I can do with a camera phone and a car being 4 inches off the ground.

Attachments

Reactions: _DAG_

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Explain again? U have a temp gauge on there?

What exactly did that do? Thanks.

+rep

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have a trans temp sensor mounted to the cooler lines of the trans so I know how hot its running. Thats the only way I found to mount it. It works fine. Its a AutoMeter trans gauge and probe.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
HomieDntPlayThat said:
I have a trans temp sensor mounted to the cooler lines of the trans so I know how hot its running. Thats the only way I found to mount it. It works fine. Its a AutoMeter trans gauge and probe.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts