Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live 4 hours to the closest Lexus dealership.. and well they promised that whenever I had problems they would pick up the car and all this stuff.. Well the first sign of problems I called them and they wouldn't pick up my car... So my dads good friend works at the local Toyota dealership and they said they would do warranty work for me. But I dunno if its bad to take my car to that dealership.. What do you guys do?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. I've wanted to take my car to some toyota places for some of the mods in stuff. But they say they will fix it under warrantee, take the offer. Im sure you know Lexus is Toyota, and Toyota is Lexus.

·
15,322 Posts
Is300_02white said:
I live 4 hours to the closest Lexus dealership.. and well they promised that whenever I had problems they would pick up the car and all this stuff.. Well the first sign of problems I called them and they wouldn't pick up my car... So my dads good friend works at the local Toyota dealership and they said they would do warranty work for me. But I dunno if its bad to take my car to that dealership.. What do you guys do?
call the general manager of the dealership, explain to them the reason you bought from them was they promised to get your car, and now that you have a problem they are not making good on their promises.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
i go mission, former a51 tech now work there as their head tech 8)

...to him...f/i=dealer authorize modification :chill:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
If I were you I would go to the Toyota dealership mainly because your father is good friends with the person working on your car. I think it would be a hassle to have someone pick up your car 4 hours away. You know that they will beat on your car during that 4 hour drive, plus they can get into an accident, rock chips, dings, any stupid little thing.

The difference between Toyota and Lexus service departments is customer service. It's in Lexus' reputation to kiss the customer's ass. But ultimately, all they have to do is service the car, not the customer. If Toyota can service your car as well as the Lexus department minus the ass-kissing, then why not?

It will probably cheaper too.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm Sorry! i feel bad that u live 4hrs away froma dealership. I live about 5 miles from one dealership and about 1/2 hour from another one. they are both close to my home and work. It is so convenient to go to them immediately if I ever have a problem. I live about 15 mins away from a toyota dealership. If I had to pick I would go w/ Lexus dealership but Toyota is just about the same. I just haven't tried it myself. As long as they warranty repairs and service like the lexus dealership then go ahead and get service from them at Toyota!!!

test drive a car or two while u are waiting :lol: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
LX4U2NV
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing