Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And what are they for? I know the right one goes to the manifold

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's not my car, I'm using the picture as a reference....

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is mine.

Can i unhook where my BOV line goes, and hook it to the right side like in the previous picture. Then connect the right line(on the block) to where it originally went into the block. And connect the boost gauge line to where the BOV line went..

make any sense?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I didn't do this. The shop that "did" the work on my car can the lines like this...

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
That is just a tube that goes through the cam cover. It can be left open, but is there to send a vac/boost signal through...so you dont have to run a vac line all of the way across the engine bay. One side connects to the intake mani (to get vac/boost pressure) and the other side can go wherever you want...mine went to the bov (which is where most peoples go).

So to answer your question, yes, you can cut the blue vac line. Run the one side from the intake mani into the drivers side of the cam cover nipple, then run the other half of the vac line from the passengers side of the cam cover nipple to your bov.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Where do you get colored silicone hose lines? I want an offset color for my engine.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where do you get colored silicone hose lines? I want an offset color for my engine.
you want mine? I'm going to switch mine to black. ;)

thanks 300iss, +rep, I figured it was something basic because I couldn't find anything in any manual about it.:suspiciou

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
autozone vacuum tubing by the foot FTMFW!
same place I'll buy my black one to replace the lame blue one(no offense 4dris) ;)

I try to make it look as factory as possible..that's why the haltech is getting moved to the factory amp location...and other stuff

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Just something to think about before you replace your vacuum lines. Try to use silicone lines since they do handle higher temperatures than rubber ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im not sure if this was answered yet, but i have an N/A Is and both vac tubes are open on mine? is this ok or should they be hooked up to anything?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts