brake pads, or what kind do you recommend to get. The car is
daily driven so I'm not looking for Hawk, or EBC greens or
whatever. BTW, I'm in the GTA area

Thanks in advance.

j ;)

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
If you want the OEM pads, I know that you can get them for $73.60 for the both fronts, and another $73.60 for both rears from the Kitchener Lexus dealer. That might be a little high, although I'm not sure about brake pad prices.

I have been looking a lot into rotors though (obviously with some new pads) because mine are warped. Did you get iRotors or something else?

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
azzurro said:
If you want the OEM pads, I know that you can get them for $73.60 for the both fronts, and another $73.60 for both rears from the Kitchener Lexus dealer. That might be a little high, although I'm not sure about brake pad prices.

I have been looking a lot into rotors though (obviously with some new pads) because mine are warped. Did you get iRotors or something else?
I bought some slotted Brembos off ebay. They were relatively
cheap -- I can't rave about them yet, cuz they're not installed.
(But they look pretty....lol)

Thanks for the advice, I'll just call around. I haven't done any
price research yet -- I'll let you know who's the cheapest.

Thanks man,

j

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
I also found these companies from Stoptech's website:

Engineered Automotive
www.engineeredautomotive.com
Concord, Ontario
905-660-1884

JRP
www.jrponline.com
Mississauga, Canada
905-822-7223

They are Stoptech distributors (and probably sell a lot of different brake products). Stoptech uses different pads for different applications. Although I haven't done too much research, they may have some good daily-driver pads that still have a bit of bite.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I wonder if a Toyota dealer might have them at a lower price. If you have the part number, you could always try checking with the Toyota dealers too.

·
Registered
488 Posts
hmm its a good idea to go with OE i went with greenstuff, and they squeel like a b*tch. Somethig to do with the shimmies suposively, and i havea pair of KVR c/f ones sitting in my garage that i have yet to swap in (hopefully this weekend) anyways lexus dealer seems to be a good place as any. biggest plus about getting OE's would be less brake dust :) i hate dirty rims!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts