im looking at slotted brembos
hawk hps front pads (these to much?)
oem rear pads
ss lines

tirerack is like 660+ shipping

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
word, i am going to say this. Take the DOT-5 crap out of your system, before you have a serious problem. You are going to swell the seals in the master cylander, blow them, and have no breaks at all, as well as many other problems *Dot 5 tends to bubble when you use the breaks a lot, such as stop and go traffic*. Our cars were made for DOT-3 for a reason, stick to it, and just get the high-temp version of it.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Seven said:
word, i am going to say this. Take the DOT-5 crap out of your system, before you have a serious problem. You are going to swell the seals in the master cylander, blow them, and have no breaks at all, as well as many other problems *Dot 5 tends to bubble when you use the breaks a lot, such as stop and go traffic*. Our cars were made for DOT-3 for a reason, stick to it, and just get the high-temp version of it.
shit i didnt know this, and i just changed my brake fluid with reg dot 5.........i guess i got to do it again next week. what kind should i use any preferences?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Ordered my slotted rotors and ss brake lines direct from Stop Tech. :) and pads from Lexus.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I went over to Ebay and bought the Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors with Axis Ultimate pads. They were $360 shipping included if I remember correctly.

Love them so far except for the amount of brake dust that those pads make. It makes my wheels look like they are painted to match my car about a week after washing them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts