Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its happened to me once already, i used to "trunk" button to open my IS...i put the bags inside, accidently put my Lexus key in there as well...closed the trunk, realized what it had done and said "F*CK!" Luckily I was in front of my house, bad part was, i was late for a party.

I've already had two blank un-cut Lexus transpoder keys from ebay...needless to say, there were useless. I've had the blank keys in my drawer for almost 7 months now, and since i only have one key, i figured it would be wise to get the other two keys cut and programmed before another headache like this happens again.

Anybody know of a place where i can get my other two blank keys cut for a reasonable price? I can figure out the programming myself...i jus need a locksmith or someone with the right equipment to cut them for me. Preferably somewhere in the Jamaica, Fresh Meadows, Flushing area of NYC.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
my dealer cuts them for free most the time, or just a few bucks. Id try that first.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seven said:
my dealer cuts them for free most the time, or just a few bucks. Id try that first.
tried that already...my dealer is Lexus of Rockville Center...they don't do in-house cutting, so its expensive for me to bring it to them

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
outch. Should send them to me and i'll get a few blanks cut for ya. :)

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
ah, yea, that is a problem now, isnt it? :p

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
If you go to the DMV in brooklyn right of the belt(coney island/sheaphead bay) they have a guy inside who will cut them.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nah, theres a place right on Northern Blvd. and I think 140ish street.. small locksmith store that cuts Lexus keys and provides transponder chips as well. I had two copies done there, they do good work not expensive if you provide the uncut copies from ebay like I did. I will edit with the business name when i find it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EdsLex said:
Nah, theres a place right on Northern Blvd. and I think 140ish street.. small locksmith store that cuts Lexus keys and provides transponder chips as well. I had two copies done there, they do good work not expensive if you provide the uncut copies from ebay like I did. I will edit with the business name when i find it.
aight kool...i still didnt get them cut yet...would be great if you could provide the info of that place

btw...im kevin, the guy you talked to at the car wash a few months ago in fresh meadows when we were both gettin our cars washed...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts